PDA

View Full Version : best mx for pric0e? and also best mx tires no price conditions

mx Eli
07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm trying to determain what would be a good tire setup for my practice quad (low price is better but traction is important),

and also best tires for my race quad(no cost concerns)

1.goldspeed (mx or sx?)
2.razrcross
3.quadcross pro/reugular
4.razr mx
5. itp mxr6
6.hossier
7.old school turf tamers grooved

also I'm getting a tire groover and hopefully i can try to imp[rove on some tires

FW_cArBoN
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Goldspeed Tires... You'll love them!

Balaz_73*00
07-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I went from razr cross fronts to the goldspeed fronts and i wish I woulda just got another pair of razr crosses. The goldspeed front are way to soft, I chunked them the first ride out and they are showing alot of wear after like 4 rides. Id suggest razr cross fronts. Hoosier rears are really good and Im currently running goldspeed mxr2 rears and those hook up really nice!

Lquad71
07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
i like the goldspeed sx fronts medium compound for loam and soft compound for hardpack. for the rear i love the goldspeed mxr2

Kovatch
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Run the razr cross fronts over the Goldspeed SX. The razr crosses will outlast Goldspeeds by a ton. It's your practice bike. You want to ride and ride with minimal reinvestment. I've seen/spoke with numerous riders, A & Pro-Am, running Razr Crosses on practice bikes and specifically stating it's becaues they last longer. That coupled with a $58/tire price tag on Razrs vs $88+ on the Goldspeeds.

As for the rears, I've run the Razr MX and get a lot of use out of them. The issue becomes the fact they are a different tread pattern than Goldspeed MXR2s. They will act differently in different situations.

Practice Bike:
F: Razr Cross
R: Goldspeed MXR2

Race bike:
F: Goldspeed SX Medium compound
R: Goldspeed MXR2

mx Eli
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
as of now i have razrcross fronts and itp mxr6's rear on both quads, practice bike needs tires soon so was going to use the tires off race bike on the practice bike and buy new for the race bike . but i go through rears pretty easy on the practice bike

Has anyone tried the rear goldspeed sx's? they seem skinnier but come in soft compound. seems like the goldspeed mxr2's are the **** for rear's. i'v ridden rzr mx rears and hate them they spun everywhere for me (im also 140 pounds) I love the grip and price of my rear mxr6's.

as for fronts the razrcross fronts i have now have around 10 hours on them and are barely showing wear, they grip way better then itp mxr6 fronts and rzr mx fronts

being 140 pounds it does make a differance in traction, and my race bike is at mid 50s for hp

Thanks everyone for the imput!!

mxrcr103
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Even though the mxr6 tires are not as popular as they once were I dont think you can beat them. They are not great at any one thing but also have no big downfalls. Every other rear tire has either hooked really good or slid really good but not both. I always seem to go back to mxr6. As for the fronts the razor cross or any copy is the way to go. I hate to have mismatched tires but my hoosier rears are about toast and the old mxr6,s are calling my name. Atleast the price tag is! Now I realize everybodies riding style differs and my tire preference might be different than pro joe.