PDA

View Full Version : Rude People

JParisi48
07-21-2011, 08:07 AM
some people on this site completley ruin it for others, ive been coming on here for a few years now and i just found another forum thats better, people are more friendly and dont give rude comments all the time when people ask questions. i post a question it gets answered by respectful people without any hassle. here, there are a select few that seem to be helpful without being ********, i just dont get it, its a family site why give people a hard time. just my 2cents i still come on here to read but barely post anymore...

Pappy
07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Hit the "report thread" button. We will gladly weed them out!

JParisi48
07-21-2011, 08:53 AM
will do, im not gunna lie this site has some of the best/ funniest moderators ive ever seen

wilkin250r
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Especially if it's in the tech sections. I don't tolerate a whole lot of BS there...

Pappy
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JParisi48
will do, im not gunna lie this site has some of the best/ funniest moderators ive ever seen

We are all power tripping pricks just dying to hit the ban button...didnt you get the memo:p

Seriously, a forum is as good as its members, if you all dont want to get involved then it will be what it will be. If removing a few members will make the site better we will do just that and deal with the temper tantrum that follows, and the annoying posts for the next few weeks from their internet chum who feels scorned....we really dont mind:p

It is hard however at times to seperate someone being or attempting to be a cut up versus someone out to just be a jackazz, but like wilkin, if its in a tech section there isnt alot of slack given.

Pappy
07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Oh and for the record...we just cant moderate stupidity out of people. I wish there was an IQ test before allowing folks on ANY forum...sure would weed out 99.5% of the issues on the internet LOL!

C41Xracer
07-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Oh and for the record...we just cant moderate stupidity out of people. I wish there was an IQ test before allowing folks on ANY forum...sure would weed out 99.5% of the issues on the internet LOL!

man i would be excluded:D

mx Eli
07-21-2011, 10:36 AM
For me this site is the easiest to navigate and use. sure some people are stuck up or just plain ***'s but it's worth putting up to get quality information. I think everybody gets annoyed everyonce in awhile:devil: but yet there mostly just on here with good intentions

buck440
07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
thumpertalk kicks ***!

HondaPohl
07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Alot of smart asses hide behind there computers.

CJM
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
Alot of smart asses hide behind there computers.

Indeed.

Also opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.

I find the problem most of the time is people arent so much rude as sick and tired of seeing the same stuff over and over. If a poster took 5 minutes to search they would find the answer. I know I have the 400ex section sticky with a laundry list of stuff, many do not bother looking there at all and instead post-then get annoyed when pointed to the sticky.

Also, you might be a mature adult and conversing with a 10yo punk hiding behind a computer. Beauty of the net really.

Aarons 01 400EX
07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Indeed.

Also opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.

I find the problem most of the time is people arent so much rude as sick and tired of seeing the same stuff over and over. If a poster took 5 minutes to search they would find the answer. I know I have the 400ex section sticky with a laundry list of stuff, many do not bother looking there at all and instead post-then get annoyed when pointed to the sticky.

Also, you might be a mature adult and conversing with a 10yo punk hiding behind a computer. Beauty of the net really.

But sometimes that 5 minutes turns into 5 hours of not finding what you are looking for

CJM
07-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
But sometimes that 5 minutes turns into 5 hours of not finding what you are looking for

True, thats when its a good idea to start a thread. Then again my google fu is strong, I can find most anything I need usually. Rare occasion I cant I make a thread.

HondaPohl
07-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Back to the begining of the topic. Rude people. Its a free country and anyone can say whatever that want. Do you really want to start banning people for what they say? Is this China? I can see banning thiefs and scam artist but to ban someone for being mean is pretty lame. Personally I think the smart *** comments are funny and entertaining. If a reply is bad and ignorant than just wait for the next good one.

Tommy Warren
07-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm a smart *** just to be funny.....I'm really a nice guy

HondaPohl
07-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Keep it up bro!

Scro
07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Back to the begining of the topic. Rude people. Its a free country and anyone can say whatever that want. Do you really want to start banning people for what they say? Is this China? I can see banning thiefs and scam artist but to ban someone for being mean is pretty lame. Personally I think the smart *** comments are funny and entertaining. If a reply is bad and ignorant than just wait for the next good one.

It's rule #1 that you agreed to when you signed up. Play by the rules, or don't play at all.

Pipeless416
07-21-2011, 08:22 PM

no, it is in fact not china.. it's a privately owned website. this forum is pretty great about getting rid of useless posts, but some of the others i'm on have so much crap that it is nearly impossible to find what you are looking for.

finsteratv
07-21-2011, 08:47 PM
and even though forums may be entertaining at times it is a pace to seek information on your bike, not just sh*ts and giggles..

TheLane
07-21-2011, 09:38 PM

its a free country??? LMAO! what the hell..

you shouldnt encourage people to be trolls, then noone will want to come here.

HondaPohl
07-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Im just sayin if someone doesnt agree with someone else's opinion, do you need to ban them? Is it against the rules to have an opinion here? Not sayin there are not some dousche bags on these forums but come on.

wilkin250r
07-21-2011, 11:11 PM
People often confuse "Freedom of Speech" with some idiotic notion of "Freedom to be Heard"

We're not saying you can't disagree, but we ARE saying you can't be a jerk about it. Like Scro said, you play by the rules, or you don't play. We're not banning you for your opinion, were banning you for how you express it.

Freedom of Speech means you can say whatever you want, but that DOESN'T mean we are obligated to spend our money to provide a place for you to say it, and it doesn't mean we have to sit here and listen. Go say it somewhere else.

Tommy Warren
07-22-2011, 12:14 AM
I help people out on the raptor and 300ex forums here but I bs on the open forum to get some laughs....It never really works though:ermm: people on here have a really bad sarcasm filter.....but I've never been banned:macho

TheLane
07-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I help people out on the raptor and 300ex forums here but I bs on the open forum to get some laughs....It never really works though:ermm: people on here have a really bad sarcasm filter.....but I've never been banned:macho
I <3 Tommy.

No homo.

HondaPohl
07-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree with Tommy. No one has a sense of humor. I play by the rules and don't mess with anybody but some people have to lighten up alil. Look at the guy who started the thread. Under his name it says Alpha male. Means a little bit of an ego there. Means Im sure hes been a dousche at some point in his life. Im not dissin the site cuz its helped me out and I like to think Ive helped out some as well. But if sticks are permenently in asses than ban me.

buck440
07-22-2011, 12:49 PM
it is a privately owned site. they don't want a bunch of nonsense post's, images, and threads. most/all the advertisements you see on here the advertisee's pay for that spot and the owner would not like their money and rep go out the door because of some trouble makers filthing up this website.

HondaPohl
07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Pot callin the kettle black huh. That picture is pretty filthy!

Scro
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Like it has been said many times before, this is a family oriented site and one that we try to keep as clean as possible. It has been this way for a long time, and we don't plan on changing anytime soon. If your intent in visiting this site is to post or read "mean" comments, you've found the wrong place.