PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki exodus

dualincome
07-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Why is everyone dumping the Suzuki LTR 450 and switching to Honda. I have a 06 LTR450 that is working well and was looking to buy another

NED441SUZ
08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm gonna say cause you can't buy new Suzuki's.

bigbad400
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM
depends on the rider. id buy a old zuki befor id buy a new honda.... to each there own. but more than likely hes right, cant buy new ones. on the same note... the 2011 honda is the 09.... nothing has changed..... so you cant really buy NEW hondas either. they are 09 left overs... but they sell for like 3400 new.... my zuki was 8100 from the factory in early 08..... price you pay for quality.:D

bobbo97f150
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Most people that race like the simplicity of the Honda. There's a lot of room in the motor compartment and it's real easy to remove the plastic to work on it. The wiring is very simple as well. I've had 6 Honda 450R's and tried the LTR two quads back. It was nice but I preferred the Hondas and sold it to buy another 450R.

SpasticR450
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bobbo97f150
Most people that race like the simplicity of the Honda. There's a lot of room in the motor compartment and it's real easy to remove the plastic to work on it. The wiring is very simple as well. I've had 6 Honda 450R's and tried the LTR two quads back. It was nice but I preferred the Hondas and sold it to buy another 450R.

You think that's simple try a honda hybrid mine all the plastic and seat could be off in a min or 2 and almost no elec at all.

bigbad400
08-05-2011, 02:14 PM
that is all very true as well, they are a very simple quad. you have to do so much to a honda to make it competition ready thow by time you spend all that money on a arms and axle to get her to handle like the suzuki you might as well have got the zuki anyhow. lol just my opinion. and the suzuki can be uncorked and race ready for about 30$:eek2:

bobbo97f150
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
that is all very true as well, they are a very simple quad. you have to do so much to a honda to make it competition ready thow by time you spend all that money on a arms and axle to get her to handle like the suzuki you might as well have got the zuki anyhow. lol just my opinion. and the suzuki can be uncorked and race ready for about 30$:eek2:

I agree. The Suzuki is much easier to make competitive on the MX track. For something that you are gonna play with on the MX track every once in a while, trail ride, or just do anything, it's better than the Honda in stock form (power and suspension).

If you are going to use it strictly for MX, you will outride the stock suspension pretty quick. Everyone I know that has or has had one ended up buying a arms and shocks for it for MX racing. The one I had, I rode it for a few months and thought the ergo's were similar to the Honda which I liked. The power was better than expected with just the CB, Power Commander, and Yoshimura exhaust. The suspension wasn't cutting it though. Instead of dumping money into it for suspension, I sold it and bought another Honda.

SpasticR450
08-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Well suzuki was the what 2nd quad to ever be made "ment for track" the ATK/c-dal then suzuki. Then yamaha tried to be the 3rd.

bigbad400
08-07-2011, 07:24 AM
um.... what happend to the late 80s? did we forget the 250r came out in 86? i believe honda had the idea that was gonna be a race quad when they built it. lol :D just saying the first "for the track quads" came out in the late 80s and sadly i think the kawasaki came first when the built the tecote 3 wheelers, it was one of the first race inspired 250cc liquid cooled two strokes in like 83? i think... atk was the first to make an aprox 50" wide strictly mx quad, then suzuki that is correct.