PDA

View Full Version : noticeable? power

01boneless
07-20-2011, 08:00 PM
hey guy i got a hotcam stage 2 for my ex and i was wondering will there be a noticeable difference in power I know there will be a difference but will it be noticeable? and does 80 bucks sound to high to put it in?

CJM
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Thats shop rates to put it in. Its super easy to do, you can do it yourself in about 30 mins. Just remove rocker cover, take tensioner off the timing chain, support chain and remove old cam, line up cam gear with lines parallel to head with other line facing up, put cam in bolt everything up your done.

But yes it will make a noticeable difference in the powerband-when the power is delivered and how. Stage 2 hotcam will make you have good low, excellent mid and good topend power.

01boneless
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
yea thats the rate theres also a bolt broke and leak hes fixing to so all together ya id love to try to put it in if you could send me a detailed pm on how to instal i may try it do i hve to retime it or adjust the valves?

CJM
07-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Really its pretty simple, but if your mechanic is gonna fix other stuff Id let them do it just cause for 80 bucks thats not to bad a deal.

Basically what I described earlier is how to do it. course you need to drain the oil and when your done adjust the valves-but its all rather easy. once you see it all open.

riotact
07-20-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.lspsonline.com/howto/400ex%20hotcam/