View Full Version : Chain slider question....

Velvet-Casket
07-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I have an 88-89 Laeger swingarm on a modified 87 frame. Is there any reason I wont be able to run a stock chain slider? I dont know how to tell if its stock or not. Or did laegers make a special slider for their swingarms(just in case)??

I wanna get a TM Designworks slider. I assume an 88-89. but since its an 87 frame, im not certain if the 88-89 will work.
Whats the difference in the 86-87 style chain slider anyways?

danhung11
07-21-2011, 05:55 AM
The rear chain slider on Laeger swingarms is a Banshee Style. Many aftermarket companies use the banshee style slides.

deathman53
07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
he might mean the guide on the front of the swingarm. you should be able to use a 88/89 stock one. Yes, some of the aftermarket swingarms did use 400ex guides. Most of the rear guides are banshee ones. I believe the difference is the mounting holes for it. I think I have a 85-87 on my crf450r hybrid quad, it should be using a 88/89 one. I did have to hog out a hole bigger for it to fit.

Lasher
07-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Call TM.

I just had to order a chain slide (front of swingarm) for a Walsh chassis. I wanted to know the difference between the 86 slide and the 89 slide. He told me the only difference was the bolt hole location. So he sent me a slide without a bolt hole drilled.

On the walsh swingarm, I did have to grind out some of the slide where it rests on the swingarm. Nothing big, but a gusset was stopping the slide from sitting correctly.

TM was great to deal with on the phone.