PDA

View Full Version : Spray on CHROME finish ??? WOW!!!

Langbolt
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I was watchin' car crazy and they were at Jay Leno's garage where they were applying a non-toxic chrome finish....it looked amazing....so I did a little searchin' and found this Banshee that they chromed!!

WOW!!!

Can you imagine the possibilities!

http://www.sprayonchrome.com/BansheeGallery.html

:devil:

destey
07-20-2011, 12:45 PM
If its as good as it says, I'm buying some

edit doh i see it needs some special equipment

Fear250r
07-21-2011, 07:47 AM
That dragon head looks ridiculous. It's exactly like what happened to monster trucks...

jcs003
07-21-2011, 12:14 PM
i wonder how durable it is...

CJM
07-21-2011, 12:19 PM
theres another product the home user can get they sell called magic chrome made by the same company.

pmg8134
07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
i talked to some guys who use that stuff on prosthetic legs. they say it`s just about as durable as auto paint and you can buff it out the same.

jcs003
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CJM
theres another product the home user can get they sell called magic chrome made by the same company.

does it come in a rattle can?

Ruf Racing
07-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Alsa Corp. makes Killer Chrome. It's a three stage rattle can kit.

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome.htm

wilkin250r
07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay guys, I realize the 250r community is a little different. That's why we have our own classified section. I know we have several members here that only visit this section, so this is home to them.

But these off-topic threads need to stop. There was another one not too long ago about dirtbikes. The tech sections are for exactly that, technical info. And the machine-specific sections are for exactly that, tech info that is specific to a certain machine.

I don't want to be the bad guy, and the 250r section is one of the cleanest we have, but the rules need to apply to everybody, including us.

hartwill
07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I understand what you are saying wilkin, but I guess these products could be beneficial for the R comunity.

On another note, these so called spray chrome paints are very hard to apply. My dad has been in the autobody business for over 30 years and currently works in R&D for PPG paint, He does the testing for Californias water born paint division as well as their simulated chrome paints. What he told me is the average person would have a very hard time getting these results. Basicly in order to get this finish you need to flow coat these parts so heavily (theres even a special spray pattern) you need a very controlled environment and the process is very time consuming even for professionals. Maybe some of the other companies have a more consumer friendly product but I was just giving my 2cents of what I know..

Ruf Racing
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Where do you draw the line? Every model, specific section, has off-topic post. Even here, Scented Fuel Additives, Refinishing Bolts. Topics like this, could be associated with every machine. I'm not in anyway, trying to be a smart*****. It is fairly prevalent.

BULLET99Z28
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Okay guys, I realize the 250r community is a little different. That's why we have our own classified section. I know we have several members here that only visit this section, so this is home to them.

But these off-topic threads need to stop. There was another one not too long ago about dirtbikes. The tech sections are for exactly that, technical info. And the machine-specific sections are for exactly that, tech info that is specific to a certain machine.

I don't want to be the bad guy, and the 250r section is one of the cleanest we have, but the rules need to apply to everybody, including us.

That was me asking about a dirtbike. I just figured alot of R owners also dabble in the 2 wheel stuff, so why not ask guys who we feel we can trust to give positive feedback. But I get what you are saying.

wilkin250r
07-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Where do you draw the line? Every model, specific section, has off-topic post. Even here, Scented Fuel Additives, Refinishing Bolts. Topics like this, could be associated with every machine. I'm not in anyway, trying to be a smart*****. It is fairly prevalent.

I get what you're saying. As for the scented fuel, it's either here or the Banshee forum, right? And the banshee section doesn't even have 1/10 of the action we do, and the LT250 section barely has 1/10 of the banshee section, so this is the natural choice.

Refinishing bolts is going to be a topic for OLDER quads, like us. Let's face it, because you can still get brand-new parts for the 300EX, refinishing old discontinued bolts isn't an issue.

And I'm not just shooting down the two examples you posted just for fun, because you're asking a more general question. Like you said, where is that line? I'm answering with specific examples to show my thought process, those topics are probably more appropriate to this section than any other, so it's a judgement call. And yes, as a general rule, it's MY judgement.

I'm proud of this section, not just as a 250r owner, but because this section is one of the busiest yet one of the cleanest and most technical. And history has shown us ("us" being ATVRIDERS.COM) that people like clean, organized, friendly websites, even if that means cracking the whip and occasionally angering a few members. Because those forums that let you get away with anything are largely filled with profanity, flame-fests, and garbage, and that's the stuff that drives a good majority of the really intelligent and technical people away from the website. And THOSE are the types of people that draw other people, because most people come with questions. Without good, solid, technical members to answer questions, you don't have a forum.

I don't want this section to turn into the Open Forum. This is a place for good, solid, technical 250r information. And if people can't find that information through all the dirtbike topics and race reports, then they'll stop coming. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to stop the problem while it's small, instead of waiting until the problem gets so big that I have no choice but to start cracking skulls.

rsss396
07-22-2011, 05:00 AM
I can see not wanting dirt bike stuff but this chrome stuff could be a option for allot of 250r guys.
And like you said before allot of us never go outside the 250r section so we will never see this posting.
I would rather see this chrome paint thread than many of the subjects that are asked every other week only because people are to lazy to search for it.

Langbolt
07-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey Wilkin250R,

I apologize for placing this one in the 250R section......I should have placed it in the OPEN FORUM or the ATV BODY.....or Banshee.

I guess 'cause i'm in the 250R section 99% of the time I posted it there.

Can you please move it to the OPEN FORUM ?

Thanks & Sorry for the inconvenience

:(

troybilt
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
I personally found this thread informative, I've never heard of chrome paint before... but I understand where Wilkin is coming from... I probably would not have learned about this cause I RARELY ever venture outside the 250r section. I always asked the questions or post the topics here cause I know the type of individuals that dwell here, are knowledgeable mature folks for the most part compared to other areas of ATVRIDERS. With that said, I don't mind this section being cleaned up a little either. Cool stuff either way!

sangheraent
07-22-2011, 09:09 PM
besides the forsale section I don't think I have ever visited another part of this website and the hybrid section 2 times

J250r
07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Thats exactly what I was going to say. The other sections are completely different than this section. I always thought of this as an open forum for 250r enthusiasts. We just think and talk differently than the rest of the site.

HAYESTRX250R
07-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
That dragon head looks ridiculous. It's exactly like what happened to monster trucks...

+1

Bob Chandler was just able to pull one foot out of his grave with that comment.:D