PDA

View Full Version : Josh Beavers XC2 rider injured

gpd005
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
I have some info posted on a couple other sites but I wanted to be sure the word is getting spread about XC2 Rider Josh Beavers. He was injured earlier this week when he fell thru a barn roof and landed on a concrete floor. He has a lot of broken bones, but the most serious is the swelling on the brain along with several blood spots. Josh is in serious condition but has remained stable over the last couple of days. He is able to move his fingers and toes and he can respond to commands. Josh and his wife just had their first child a month ago and he broke his wrist between the Florida and Georgia GNCC races so he has had a year of major up's and down's. With his wife having the child she has been off work and now he will also be off work for quite some time. I have been visiting him each night in the hospital and I am starting up a raffle drawing for some door prizes that we have collected. I will be selling tickets for a couple weeks and then we will have drawings for all of the items. We will also have stickers availiable at this weekends IXCR race. If you would like to donate some type of product to be put in the raffle please contact me by PM or email me at gdavis@amfam.com we also have a paypal account set up for them for donations that will go directly to the family. If you would like to send a gift please paypal that to the gdavis@amfam.com and it will go straight to them.

I realize not everyone can help donate or purchase tickets, but everyone please keep Josh and the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,
Garon Davis

Mxjunkie
07-25-2011, 02:52 PM
any updates? I hope all is well never good to hear someone has an accident

gpd005
07-25-2011, 02:54 PM
i'm heading there now actually. He was able to open his eye's on his own yesterday and he is now giving thumbs up on a regular basis. It's going to be a long road but he WILL make it!

destey
07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Is his other job a farmer?

gpd005
07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
nope, he is a brick layer, he was actually just working for his in-law's.

destey
07-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Any updates? The accident sounds just terrible. Very much hope he gets better.

Pappy
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Been following Josh on Facebook, praying for him and his family!

gpd005
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
I was with Josh last night actually. He is opening his eyes a lot now and I even set and watched the Barrett Jackson auction with him last night on the TV. He isn't able to speak yet but can give thumbs up and shake his head yes and no when you ask him questions. His wife has read the ATV Insider magazine to him from front to back several times, and he really got excited when arena cross came on the speed channel. He has a long road ahead of him but he is already taking steps towards his recovery.

Please continue to pray for Josh!