PDA

View Full Version : shipping??

mxpimp2000
07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Im wondering wat the best way to ship a motor and if anyone has pics and or info.

thanks

flyboy1294
07-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Buy yourself one of those big plastic tubs with the snap on lid. Then put 2 or 3 sheets of plywood down in the bottom, then set your engine in it. Use plywood on the sides of the engine to prevent it from moving around. Then put some on the top and screw the lid shut.

wykyd450R
07-19-2011, 07:47 AM
I use to always use the plastic totes from walmart. Id cut a sheet of plywood the size of the bottom of the tote so the engine wouldn't put so much stress on the center of the tote. After cutting the plywood to size, id drill a few holes to wire the engine down in the center so it wouldn't move and keep the engine in place. Then I would fill around the engine on the sides with styrofoam or rags, etc to cushion. After that I would drill holes through the lid and either bolt or use heavy zip ties to secure the lid on. Both ways have worked well for me.

THARNESS
07-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Ship it in a plastic cooler.

jkiserracing
07-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I've heard alot of people do that (putting the motor in a cooler) They are pretty tough without adding extra weight. If it were mine (and I used a cooler) I would also put the cooler inside a larger box with peanuts as well.