PDA

View Full Version : what u run??? clutch stuff..

KEVIN132
07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
ok in my bike i run the judder setup still.. in most bikes i build tho i always junk it and run another reg size fiber just like the crf.
i replace my springs evey 2 or 3 races .. big dif and its only $15

when i take clutch out i always chk for blued steels.. when i mic the fibers there exactly the same as the new ones!!! i have in the past changed just the bad steels and had many a holeshot still.

i know some people are running hd springs what do u suggest and im always willing to try new stuff!

dont tell me to run a barnett junker either .. or most any others!! i always run genuine honda.. :)

DnB_racing
07-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by KEVIN132
ok in my bike i run the judder setup still.. in most bikes i build tho i always junk it and run another reg size fiber just like the crf.
i replace my springs evey 2 or 3 races .. big dif and its only $15

when i take clutch out i always chk for blued steels.. when i mic the fibers there exactly the same as the new ones!!! i have in the past changed just the bad steels and had many a holeshot still.

i know some people are running hd springs what do u suggest and im always willing to try new stuff!

dont tell me to run a barnett junker either .. or most any others!! i always run genuine honda.. :) i took out the judder springs, and im running heavy springs, I like it as much as any clutch Ive owned

KEVIN132
07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
wich springs?? u running..

you mean u took the 2 plates out and small fiber and used a full size plate?? ive never heard of someone just removing the 2 metal plates that go in with small fiber..

a friend used barnett and got one race out of it.. like a 45 hp bike..

i notice on some kits they put stuff on steels stockers are just plain..

on the oem steels wich way u run the smoothe or flat side of the steels??? i run the flat in rounded out..

Pacheco_450r
07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I run the stock basket, inner hub and pressure plate with the Curtis Sparks HD kit (Jutter spring removed and 8 full sized fibers with HD springs). Solid setup, but you sure notice a difference in those heavier rated springs!

KEVIN132
07-19-2011, 05:28 AM
are the sparks steels plain ?? some kits ive seen have dots or marks on the steels..
what does sparks fit cost??
i get oem for like $145 or so i think.....

DnB_racing
07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
wich springs?? u running..

you mean u took the 2 plates out and small fiber and used a full size plate?? ive never heard of someone just removing the 2 metal plates that go in with small fiber..

a friend used barnett and got one race out of it.. like a 45 hp bike..

i notice on some kits they put stuff on steels stockers are just plain..

on the oem steels wich way u run the smoothe or flat side of the steels??? i run the flat in rounded out.. yes I removed the 2 small judder springs and the stationary first fiber, and replaced with a stock fiber, and for the springs I believe I used the dark synergy,or, it was that or a Kawasaki spring from one of the bikes but I forget which one was but if I remember right it was around 15% more tension over stock. it works as good as any for a great feeling clutch

DnB_racing
07-19-2011, 06:59 AM
here is which im talking about

Ruf Racing
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I used the dark synergy.

These are the $hit, if you can find some. All other springs, weaken over time, due to the extreme heat. Dark Synergy used a heat resistant steel. It will be the last set of springs you purchase. :D

KEVIN132
07-19-2011, 07:58 AM
yuh thats what i do on most every bike as well..
just didnt have a good fiber so we went with stock setup.

i run it in my bike and its fine..

u ever measure ur fibers?? there the same as a new one almost all the time!! the steels are the thing that get blue and i change tme out. new springs every few races as well.

DnB_racing
07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
yuh thats what i do on most every bike as well..
just didnt have a good fiber so we went with stock setup.

i run it in my bike and its fine..

u ever measure ur fibers?? there the same as a new one almost all the time!! the steels are the thing that get blue and i change tme out. new springs every few races as well. ya the fibers mic out almost identically the same for old and new, but from what Ive seen after many hours is a glazing type of wear, they smooth out it seams,

I replace the steel every other clutch, depending on which quad im using Ive gone as long as 3 seasons on this setup,

on my race quad I change fibers every season and steels every other, then I clean and reuse the season old clutch on my other quads, or keep as spare,

from measuring them out and looking after one year they still look like new, im sure the springs help them stay fresh, and I dont ride my clutch at all,I love the feel with the heavy springs,you dont want to slip it

its either in or out no gently slipping lol

Lquad71
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
i run a stock clutch and have been thinking about using some heavier springs but will i notice anything or will it decrease any slipping. i run pro/am with a lows 50's hp bike

Pacheco_450r
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
i run a stock clutch and have been thinking about using some heavier springs but will i notice anything or will it decrease any slipping. i run pro/am with a lows 50's hp bike

You will definitely notice less slipping with the heavier duty springs

Lquad71
07-19-2011, 11:44 PM
what would be the best kind to get?

Pacheco_450r
07-20-2011, 12:23 AM
A lot of guys talk about Dark Synergy but I'm not sure if you can get them anymore, there's also Hinson, or Curtis Sparks which are the ones I have, they run about $22 for a set of HD springs. I'd stay away from the no name companies (tusk or Driven). I had a generic clutch kit with 10% stiffer springs and I could barely tell a difference and they wore out quick and made my clutch slip. Just my opinion though.

Ruf Racing
07-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Toyko Mods. has the same clutch springs, as the ones Dark Synergy use to produce. Pricey, but well worth the bones! :macho