PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good "gripper" 400ex seat cover ?

Honda.rider5871
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Just like the title says , im loking for a black gripper seat cover to replace the red stock one i have and im also either putting graphic mx "wing" graphics on it or metal mulisha , not sure yet . this is all going on a 04 if that matters
Thanks

01boneless
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
i have a factory effex seat cover and you but stays planted on the seat with it

Stickman400
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I also have the Factory Effex gripper cover and it is awesome. Even if the seat is wet after being washed or riding in the rain you still don't slide around on it AT ALL. I'd deff. buy it again given the choice.

Honda.rider5871
07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I either going to go with that or a custom one off ebay, how hard are these things to put on ?

DirtyBirdRacing
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I got a aftermarket seat cover a while back off ebay. It wasnt hard to put a little pain in the *** at first I needed a buddy to help me put it on. all you have to do is strech the cover over the seat and staple it in place I let my new cover sit out side all day in the sun to heat up so it was easyier to strech on. mine had a few wrinkles in it at first but after being out in the sun they went away. The company I got mine off of left ALOT of extra material on it so i had to trim it back after it was on.

Right after i put it on you can kind of see where it has wrinkles
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/lord-inuruku/Quad%20trip%202010/c76f4de9.jpg

Here it is after its been on a while
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/lord-inuruku/Quad%20trip%202010/15a05347.jpg

05DodgeDakota
07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I don;t have it myself but I like the Quadtech ones, and they even make a thicker padded one

redrocker
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Ceet

Honda.rider5871
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I couldnt find any quadtech one for a 400ex , the ones for 450s and such are $135 which i wasnt really wanting to spend on a cover. Im about to just get the Factory Effex one and be done with it , ive heard a couple people say they tear when your trying to put them on though .

CJM
07-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Ebay item # 320717027533. they can make any kind you want with whatever gfx and color. that one happens to be the extra padded type but they also make a regular one.

BeefySTi
07-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I have the Factory FX seat and it is awesome! A buddy has the ebay one and it is nice as well, although I think the FFX one is grippier. The Ebay one is also a bit of a pain to put on, but other than that it seems to be high quality, and looks nice.

400excracer
07-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Before you buy one see if you can ride a friends quad that has one. You may not like it. I put one on my Banshee years ago that I raced cross country and hated it. I couldnt move around on the seat to position my body for the turns.

MtnEX
07-24-2011, 12:00 AM
I put the Factory FX one on my quad not long ago.

It replaced my Duncan seat cover.

It was a lot harder to install because it has no seams and therefore not very much cut/shape to it to conform to the seat.

It is also not as thick of material and also does not have the vinyl sides.

I don't like it quite as much during the early minutes because it has so much more grip. Works your legs a bit more because you have to lift more to move around on it.

But for me, as I get tired, I love it. I do fine with my legs. My arms are the problem. So I can use the grip as a cruch to keep from sliding back/forward.

Also, other than installing, I prefer not having seams, because there are no seams to come apart... and I like that it does not have the vinyl / graphical sides. Those panels get brittle in time... then one day it snows, so you go jump on the quad and the side cracks in the cold.

The cracking and the seam coming apart is why I had to replace my cover in the first place.

Honda.rider5871
07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all the help guys , im stuck between the Factory Effex and the HT Moto , ive heard good things about the HT Moto and you can customize it . The Factory effex i can get for $60 at a local shop and the HT Moto is $55 but they said they would work with me on the price of the Factory Effex. Im leanig towards the HT Moto , but going to order one tommorrow along with air scoops and possibly Graphic if they can get the Graphic MX "Wing" style.