PDA

View Full Version : handlebar kill swith

Honda4life05
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
For you guys that race mx what are you doing with the switch? I was racing this weekend at sunset and accidentaly hit it, went from 2nd to 8th. I want to keep it on there because of the hotstart but can i unhook the killswitch? I dont need the lights either. thanks

atvnut22
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
i got a extra box and harness, cut everything out exept the two killswitch wires. maybe green and brown, i cant remember. then i ran them to my tether killswitch, and left the box on for the hotstart till i got a perch with a hotstart. so their were no wires running to the box, and the only wires left in the harness were the killswitch wires.

Honda4life05
07-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I already have a teather kill switch hooked up, so basicially i can cut the handlebar kill switch wires and it wont be able to shut the bike off anymore?

atvnut22
07-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I just pull my together to shut the bike off.

DnB_racing
07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
I already have a teather kill switch hooked up, so basicially i can cut the handlebar kill switch wires and it wont be able to shut the bike off anymore? yes you can remove the green and black/white stripe wires and make sure you separate and insulate very well or it will cause more issues,

im not sure were you tied in the tether but you might just be able to unplug the whole connector for the whole switch assembly

and still keep your tether switch for the kill, will work fine, but I would get rid of the whole switch assembly and replace with a hotstart perch

Honda4life05
07-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for your help!