PDA

View Full Version : Need Real Sponsors!!!!!!!!!

pvracing99
07-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey guys im really in need of sponsors and want to know if someone will sponsor me. thanks.

Scro
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Sponsorship is a two way road. Don't expect to get anything just by posting something generic on a forum. Build a resume, give the company that you want to support a call, make yourself look desirable, etc. Let the companies know that you are willing to put in the work to deserve the sponsorship. Race results are only part of the equation.

pvracing99
07-18-2011, 06:27 PM
okay

KXRida
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Local shops IMO are the best way to go. I got great support from some of my local shops. Anymore the online sponsorship stuff is a complete joke.

ALAMX37
07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
How old are you? What you really need is a clue. Jumping on a forum with a ton of unsponsored riders will not yield results. As pappy said you need a resume and to send them at the appropriate time to companies your interested in supporting. Dont expect anything for free.

Black Sheep
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
What do you have to offer a potential sponsor? Why should they sponsor you?

fastrnrik
07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
How old are you? What you really need is a clue. Jumping on a forum with a ton of unsponsored riders will not yield results. As pappy said you need a resume and to send them at the appropriate time to companies your interested in supporting. Dont expect anything for free.

He's a young kid. Cut him some slack. He's on an atv forum and posted a question because he doesn't know. He doesn't need a "clue"and your smart a.ss comments. He just asked a simple question.
He doesn't expect anything for free. He's not some punk squid with his hand out. The kid works hard and is a good rider and is always improving. He was one of the fastest kids on a mini quad at our two local series, Dade City MX & Bartow MX, last season, and this season he switched to big bike classes and rides a built Blaster in one class and a LSR CRF250 hybrid in the other, and always runs in the top 3 in both classes. He also a nice respectful kid and he and his family are excellent representatives for any sponsor.

Conner, email me and I will be happy to help you with the info you need to get you started. pookiepickle@yahoo.com

sly400ex
07-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
He's a young kid. Cut him some slack. He's on an atv forum and posted a question because he doesn't know. He doesn't need a "clue"and your smart a.ss comments. He just asked a simple question.
He doesn't expect anything for free. He's not some punk squid with his hand out. The kid works hard and is a good rider and is always improving. He was one of the fastest kids on a mini quad at our two local series, Dade City MX & Bartow MX, last season, and this season he switched to big bike classes and rides a built Blaster in one class and a LSR CRF250 hybrid in the other, and always runs in the top 3 in both classes.

Conner, email me and I will be happy to help you with the info you need to get you started. pookiepickle@yahoo.com

Sorry, but I have to chime in here. He's not a "young kid", based on profile he is nearly a young ADULT. I'm sure this isn't his first time on a forum and should be aware of some formal etiquette. And also based on his sig he has some sponsors already, one would think he should have some good insight as how to become sponsored.

fastrnrik
07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Ummm... he's 13. That's a young kid where I come from. He's also a shy quiet kid, hence his one word response..."ok". The kid barely talks. I was actually surprised to see him post something.

Who cares what his post count is and WTF is "formal etiquette", and what does it have to do with, anything? This is the open forum with topics ranging from "Casey Anthony" to "lifting weights" to "photoshop my wheels". Who cares what he posts? It's actually an atv related question which are few & far between in this section LOL

His sponsors are a local engine builder and a local shock builder. The same guys sponsor my son. To me he's just a kid trying to get some info.

KXRida
07-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Ummm... he's 13. That's a young kid where I come from. He's also a shy quiet kid, hence his one word response..."ok". The kid barely talks. I was actually surprised to see him post something.

Who cares what his post count is and WTF is "formal etiquette", and what does it have to do with, anything? This is the open forum with topics ranging from "Casey Anthony" to "lifting weights" to "photoshop my wheels". Who cares what he posts? It's actually an atv related question which are few & far between in this section LOL

His sponsors are a local engine builder and a local shock builder. The same guys sponsor my son. To me he's just a kid trying to get some info.

Seems like he's already in with a few local places. As I said before online sponsors are about a joke. Half of the time the just give you discounts on apparel and a weak 10% of at best. If you want to do the kid some good, help him write a resume and talk to the local shop owners.

tjsdaname
07-19-2011, 08:04 PM
try to get ahold of MSR gear. there base sponsorship discount is 50% and it goes up from there...

fastrnrik
07-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Seems like he's already in with a few local places. As I said before online sponsors are about a joke. Half of the time the just give you discounts on apparel and a weak 10% of at best. If you want to do the kid some good, help him write a resume and talk to the local shop owners.

He has a couple local guys that help him some. I am going to help him with the process, resume, etc.

I agree. The online stuff is usually crap. Thanks for the 5% off the off brand chain and shoes nobody wears! LOL

KXRida
07-19-2011, 09:15 PM
He has a couple local guys that help him some. I am going to help him with the process, resume, etc.

I agree. The online stuff is usually crap. Thanks for the 5% off the off brand chain and shoes nobody wears! LOL

haha isn't that the truth. I made a sponsorhouse account some years back and it was probably the worst 20 minutes I've spent. IMO if you can get an in with the local shops with their racer accounts you get more support.

buck440
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
i'll sponsor you but it'll be like 25 bucks.

mamaknothead
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Wow the guy just ask a simple question and here we go again a 4 page bash and debate thread. Even if the guy is a young kid or a full grown adult should not matter. This sounds like someone asking for help and all he is getting from the know it alls on here is a bunch of smart comments and bashing. This is supposed to be a quad forum where you can come to ask for help or direction. The bashing just turns potential new quad riders away and last time I checked we need all the riders we can get to grow this sport.

Okay now it time for you know it alls to bash on me for a while but thats ok because I dont need your help but it sounds like this guy is asking for some . Hopefully someone will see his first post and not read threw the garbage and will help this person out.

Good Day

Black Sheep
07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
knot head,

I can relate to what you are saying. I have been reading this thread from the begining and the replies I am reading are typical of these message boards. I notice no one has mentioned anything about my first reply :confused: While it might seem like a smart arse remark there is absolute truth in it. To many riders think sponsorship is about them...IT's NOT...companies sponser riders for exposure. That is their reasoning. In most of these replies the author is not thinking of the company, they are thinking of themselves. Companies hand out 20-50% discounts all the time...why...because it is usually the same discount they give dealers. So in reality they are not really giving anything away.

When applying for sponsorship the first thing you should think about is...what can I do for them...not what can they do for me. Winning races is just a small part of it. In every race in every class someone will win...that is fact. What you have to do is go above and beyond winning races. What else can you do? For one always keep your bike/trike/quad clean and fresh looking. It might be a pain but, bring water and a pressure washer to the races and wash your bike after practice and after each moto. Ratty looking machines do not make a good representation. When taking pictures keep the background clutter free and make sure you get the sponsors logo's in them. Submit as many pictures as you can to magazines along with your resume and a thanks you to your sponsors. Post lots of pics on message boards and try to get bike/trike/quad of the month on as many as you can. When you do get sponsors make sure you ask for lots of stickers. Keep them fresh on you ride. Make sure you place them in a consistant mannor. Random placed stickers with no order to them looks unprofessional. If they start to look like crap, replace them. Put stickers on your trailer/truck. Always try to maintain a professional image. If someone wants to talk to you at the races take a few minutes out of your day to talk to them. If people ask you about a product make sure you mention your sponsors products...even if you don't think they will buy it. It is all about name recognition.

mamaknothead
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Well put Black Sheep that is the kind of responce that may help PVRacing99 to know how to go about getting support . Thanks

KXRida
07-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by mamaknothead
Well put Black Sheep that is the kind of responce that may help PVRacing99 to know how to go about getting support . Thanks

Hence going to the local shops ;)

TheLane
07-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Sorry, but I have to chime in here. He's not a "young kid", based on profile he is nearly a young ADULT. I'm sure this isn't his first time on a forum and should be aware of some formal etiquette. And also based on his sig he has some sponsors already, one would think he should have some good insight as how to become sponsored.

formal etiquette, like dont ask unless its about jersey shore? lol, thats the stupidest thing i have seen on this forum so far.

anyways man, dont let spodes like this shoot you down with their elitest attitudes. you go for it man. Do what these guys said and THEN shotgun the hell outta those sponsors. aka send in enough apps, and one of em is bound it accept.

remember, the key to sucess is following up, no follow up, no deal!