PDA

View Full Version : something honda's not doing

660bigdaddy
02-22-2003, 12:50 PM
looks like kawi's going to support racing again.kawasakis race team (http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=187435)

QuadTrix6
02-22-2003, 03:40 PM
:(

Rip_Tear
02-22-2003, 03:50 PM
It would be nice if Honda did, but they dont need to, like they dont need the Benifit of it. Which is too bad for us.

Teufel
02-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Wait until you see how much of that contingency money goes to the quads and how much goes to the Bikes.

At Least Yokely will have a better chance for the championship on a R instead of that 400..:huh

660bigdaddy
02-23-2003, 07:07 AM
what must we do to get what the bikes get? only problem is honda doesn't do anything for the bikes either in gncc. yamaha, kawi and suzuki all do. :huh looks like hondas doing the least to help racers out.

hsr
02-24-2003, 12:24 PM
that is the best thing kawasaki could do for the sport and hopefully other companies will follow in their footsteps, honda has also supported a factory rincon in the baja 1000 , which beat high performance 400ex's, 250r's, etc...just imagine what honda could do if the supported a factory backed race team consisting of high performance quads???:devil :devil :devil :huh

Bart
02-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I thought that William Howell won the 4stroke stock class last year (Adam was second)? Does Kawasaki (or ATVnews.com) know this?

I am curious to see how Adam does on the KFX700. Riding a wide (47+"), heavy (500+ lbs) quad for 2 hours through the woods doesn't sound too appealing to me. Although it sure would be nice to be eligible for some factory support and contingency money...

indygncc
02-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Yes Kawasaki knows that I finsished 2nd o/a, most of the magazines and websites just tend to distort factual information. I know Ill be fine riding a 47" wide quad for 2 hours, does not seem to hard to do. I will be better suited on the Kawi than I was the Honda because Im to tall for a Honda. I like the bigger Kawasaki. The GNCC courses are wide enough to ride a Jeep through. Shouldnt be hard on a wider quad.

NTPRacing#19
02-24-2003, 07:58 PM
why is it that they support gncc and not gnc motocross or tt?

Bart
02-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Adam and the rest of Team Kawasaki - Good luck this weekend and for the rest of the season. I hope that you all do well and make Kawasaki very happy. Maybe then Kawasaki will expand their support next year (include GNC?) and other factories will be more inclined to follow suit.

PhilMoore
02-25-2003, 09:31 AM
From what I understand in the ATV Sport article on the honda Rincon in the Baja 1000, Honda did not even officially support them. The guys in that department had to rig it so the funds for the project looked like they were for "research and development" :rolleyes:

Now, that Honda did well, their ads are all braggy and stuff. I just don't care for Honda. I think they suck. But, I do like their products. Honda knows how to survive which is good (look at Cannondale), but it sure would be nice to see the flash and flare of the 1980's again.