PDA

View Full Version : jetting help

punk rock kiel
07-17-2011, 10:57 PM
i read the jetting thread and aint a complete noob but the 450r carb is different from 400ex which i didnt have any issues tuning.

first...its an 05 450r...182m, 48p, needle on 3rd clip, and 72 leak jet...now i read the 04/05 doesnt have a leak jet but it does and i think its crazy high, should be 55 from what ive been reading.
i do have popping on decel which could be (previous owner changed exhaust) exhaust gasket wasted, or i need to move the clip down to the 4th slot and/or 50p.
i was told it had an hrc kit but the needle says "0550" under the clip positions which makes me believe it is oem.
also heard i could plug the leak jet and drop the pilot down to 45 or 42, would that be ok?

mods are hmf slip on, half cut airbox lid, uni filter with filter wrap, and it supposely has the hrc cam but i got a feeling the dude i got it from is full of ****. so if i pull the valve cover, is there any way i can tell by looking at the cam????
thanx ahead of time...i got the carb off and taking it into work and cleaning it inside and out tomorrow so i can reassemble it with no dirt in it