PDA

View Full Version : Ordering chain and sprockets.....need help ASAP

JohnChilders
07-17-2011, 08:41 PM
ok I've got a 2000 300ex. im about to order a chain and sprockets. what sprockets should i get? i mainly ride trails. and jump. i dont want to lose much speed. this thing only pops a wheelie when i lean all the way back and pop the clutch, then drops immediately! i weigh 215. i have been trying to figure this out for hours now! nothing has been helpful for having 22" tires. please help me. I also have 22" tires. It has an aftermarket filter. I plan on buying a pipe very soon. please help me. thanks yall

CJM
07-17-2011, 08:50 PM
You want a DID, RK, etc o ring chain (any decent brand will be fine and last-but you get what you pay for!). As for sprockets you might want to drop a tooth in the front or raise a tooth in the rear for more torque. You also want steel sprockets, aluminum isnt worth it as they wear out way to easy.

Your main problem is you weigh alot for that little 300 and the 300 was never designed to really be powerfull period. The 22's are not helping you very much either as they rob power b/c they are heavy and harder for the engine to turn.

Id drop a tooth in the front sprocket, but be carefull-it may lower your gear ratios to much and cause you to basically lose 1st and second gear making them very quick shifts.

JohnChilders
07-17-2011, 09:44 PM
i already feel like i go through the gears really quick. i want to get 20" tires. but, first i plan on getting a pipe and nerfs. then maybe a cdi or tires. im looking into the white brothers e series full system. i've already got a k&n filter. i've read that the 12 tooth turns it into a wheelie monster but drastically kills top end. what about something like 14-42 or 13-40? i'm still learning gear ratios, so bare with me.

what is the difference in an o-ring chain and x-ring and standard? the standard is $30 cheaper.

thanks,
john

ALAMX37
08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
You dont want a standard chain, they have half the life span of an o-ring chain. The o-ring or x-ring is basically a seal. Any bike will do wheelies, any bike. With the bigger tires and lack of power I would def drop a tooth in the front.

tomtom79
08-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Just doing the rear shock and the dg exhaust really helped the 300 in my signature. It has 20 inch tires on it, I have no problem wheeling it. I also have a 250x in my sig. that stands straight up in first gear without popping the clutch. Its almost time to replace the chain and sprockets soon on it, and I weigh 190.