PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running Hiper Wheels???

416exmx
02-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey i'm new to this site and was wanting some feedback on the hiper wheels. What do you think of them? Are they a good investment or should i just go all douglas beadlocks?

Ride for 2003-
02 400ex, wiseco 425 kit 11:1, ported polished, hot cam, timming advance, white bros rev box, FTZ alcohol carb, lrd complete exhaust, k&n, houser long-travel +3 a-arms, elka quad rate dual adjust zps front shocks, elka dual rate/dual adjust zps rear shock, durablue +4 axle and hubs, grooved tammers on 8" doulgas race rims, holeshot mx front on itp, one industries duncan racing graphics and seat cover, dg nerfs, ac bumper, renthal bars, pro-design kill, stainless bolt kit, headlight covers, dark red powdercoated frame w/ neon orange swingarm, steering stem & motor mounts, black powdercoated hubs and pegs, cut fenders, gwc number plates, i'm sure i missed some stuff.

Sponsors-
Quad Shop
Gayer Equipment
Off Road Repair

Ex'r Marlin
02-22-2003, 11:28 AM
In short, the HiPers are definetly worth the investment.

HiPers come with a one year warranty too!:cool:

I have both HiPers and Douglas ultimate billet beadlocks. I got the Douglas rims first, before HiPer came out with their rims. Since the Douglas rims are aluminum, I have encountered flat spots on the inside tub of the wheel well and also the side opposite the beadlock ring, due to hard hits. Plus I have one front rim that is out of true due to the abuse I put them through. One positive is that I was able to "pound" the flat spots almost completely out after I had the tires removed from the rims.:)

As for the HiPers, they are modular rims that if something does break, the part can be replaced, without needing to get a whole new rim.:cool: I think the HiPers hold up very well to my abuse I put them through... So I definetly recommend the HiPers over the Douglas billet beadlocks, or any other rim for that matter. I know you loose the aluminum look and shine, but I feel there are more advantages of the HiPers over the aluminum rims.

Good luck.

BTW, I still use and like my Douglas ultimate billet beadlock rims after almost 4 years now. The finish holds up very well, they do handle alot of abuse, and one feature I like over the HiPers is the countersunk mounting holes they have to mount the rims to your atv.

A4StrokeGuy
02-22-2003, 11:31 AM
I higly recommend Hiper wheels! quality is A+ plus they have a warranty

416exmx
02-22-2003, 11:40 AM
A4StrokeGuy- Do you have to run different hubs or do the wheels come with them. I noticed different hubs in your picture.

A4StrokeGuy
02-22-2003, 12:16 PM
The hubs come with the rims, its nice just take your center nut on your axle off and slide these right on, but u have to use a splined axle i don't think durablue axles with hubs work?:confused:

Nausty
02-22-2003, 12:28 PM
this doesn't have much to do with the topic because I havn't tested or abused mine yet but I finally got my hiper rims yesterday after waiting about 5 months or so.

Jimmah
02-22-2003, 12:30 PM
I got mine within 2 weeks after I ordered them. Installed them the day after I got my tires.

416exmx
02-22-2003, 12:48 PM
My durablue axle has splines and i have splined durablue hubs. I had to change back to my stock hubs because i am now running a long travel +3 front end. My durablue hubs made me loose about 1 1/2" of width on the rear v.s the stock hubs. i wonder if these hubs will be the same as stockers or like a durablue.

A4StrokeGuy
02-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Nausty i sure hope u got a lot of stickers since u waited 5 months! If i was you i'd be pretty:mad: But hey u got them and u will love them, did u get 8 or 9 inch??

Jordan

Nausty
02-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I got the 9 inch, I ended up making the mistake of getting the 9in holeshots to fit my rims to then relize the tires are to small for the rims to blow a bead 2 or 3 times a ride. I got the stock tires on their now and havn't been in much of hurry sence I like stock tires for the weather we got and I think I might just use these rims and tires for when I know I am only gonna do mx and race because the holeshots wear so fast.