PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Interested in a Nice 250r?

ridehonda400ex
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I found this on craigslist. I thought it was nice!!

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/2494593577.html

slightlybent47
07-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah! I agree, he didn’t even wash the thing before taking the photos. Gee you’d think if you wanted to call it mint it should at least be clean!

Nice R but not mint!

wild250rman
07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
SUMMARY: "Mint" means perfect, if the item's not literally in perfect shape, it's not mint.

Hello sellers, have you ever stopped and wondered what the word "MINT" means when you use it? As in "this item is MINT in box." The word gets used all the time, but often incorrectly. This guide is a plea for item description accuracy.

The term "mint" as an adjective was coined (no pun intended) by numismatists to indicate that a coin looked as if it had just been minted. Other collectors quickly adopted the term. Unlike terms such as "good" or "excellent" which could mean different things to different people, "mint" has a very precise meaning. An object described as in "MINT CONDITION" means, literally, that the item looks as if it just came off the assembly line in the factory; that there is not a single defect of any kind in the product. It is in the BEST possible condition a product can possibly be in.

Because this term is used by collectors, a seller should be aware that what an ordinary person may perceive as perfect may not be sufficient. For example, condition of the box of toys and video games are very important. While a crease in the laminate of the surface of a carboard box may not even be visible to the ordinary buyer or uneducated seller, it is of concern to the collector. Again, because this is a term derived from the collector community, there is an expectation that when it is used, the seller is indicating that he/she can properly evaluate the "collectible" condition of the item. In practice on eBay this almost never seems to be the case.

Some descriptions that do not make sense:

* "Mad Magazine #1, MINT, copy has slight dogeared corner" (if it has a dogeared corner it's not perfect, therefore not mint)
* "NEW XBOX 360, ABOVE MINT CONDITION" (it is logically impossible for a product to be better than the best possible condition for that product)
. If a product is not in perfect condition, please do not advertise it as mint.

fastex91
07-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok it may not be mint, but its still in pretty damn good shape for being 24 years old. The price??? I paid $3600 brand new for my 88 R in December of 87.

DnB_racing
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
i would say its worth 2600, as long as all the plastic is real real nice, and no case damage at all

blacknblue#2
07-16-2011, 07:52 AM
I dont think its worth the asking price, and no its not mint but it has been takin care of obviously. for an R to make it through the 90's without being turned into a race bike means alot to me though. There has been cases of R's popping up that had only been rode once or twice and stored. Either scared of them or some form of accident and the rest of the family just seen it as an old quad. But i think those are extinct cause i havent seen one pop up for sale in a while. I life in a very very rural area. I keep hoping I will come across something like that in an old barn one of these days hahah

tt racer
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM
My opinion and ive owned 5 of these...i would say 3500 to 3800 would be fair for both parties.

HondaPohl
07-17-2011, 02:01 PM
I think those days of getting top dollar for 250r's are over. But you never know.

Tommy Warren
07-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm 26 years old and I'm in great shape....and I've only been lady driven, what am I worth?

HondaPohl
07-17-2011, 05:13 PM
How many miles?

destey
07-18-2011, 05:29 AM
If it truley has "hardly been ridden" than it will need all new bottom end seals and bearings, as these rust and age when not being used.

It is not in mint condition either. Rust on the rear axle, brake rotor, foot pegs etc.

If its going to be sold as a mint original, I wouldn't buy it without seeing a long list of replaced parts, as bearings and rubber seals go bad just from time passing. This quad could need a good deal of work just to be ridden.

Fear250r
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
There's also that K&N filter and it's missing the tool box. Definitely not mint.

yellow02400ex
07-22-2011, 01:15 PM
The wheels are stock 400ex not 250r right? I could be wrong tho

wild250rman
07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by yellow02400ex
The wheels are stock 400ex not 250r right? I could be wrong tho

no they are date coded 7/87 so they are pre 400ex and the 250r was actually the 1st to use the radials.

Aarons 01 400EX
07-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Hardly ridden? The paint is worn off the frame/case from boots!

That isn't too far from me