PDA

View Full Version : Kind of early to be asking this..

DirtyBirdRacing
07-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Will Paddle tires work good in the snow?

Last year in PA we got some GOOD snow storms back to back dumping alot of snow on the ground and my EX didnt really do to well in the deep stuff. I was thinking about getting tracks and skis but dont really want to pay ALOT. figured that a pair of used Sand Paddles might be the best way to go? not to pricey and I could just keep them on a 2nd pair of rims that I have laying around so I could change and go as I needed.
Any one try doing this? how well did it work? how deep of snow were you in?

Thanks for the help in advance.

400eXz
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
im not sure who makes them but there is a tire called 4 snow, that most people use for sand drags that looks almost like a paddle tire, but it says 4 snow so why not try

greencow
07-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Before i got my 400ex i had sand/paddle tiers on my 350 warrior. It did very bad in the snow worse than regular tiers (stock warrior tiers). Just kinda sat there and dug holes. They do very good in the coals tho.

Its a small world ha im going to be riding about 30mins from you this weekend. haha

chronicsmoke
07-15-2011, 09:36 AM
The 4-snows are pretty good in the snow.. my 426ex with 4Snows tires pulled my 450r with Razr IIs everytime in snow. and not just by a little either.. It would walk away and not look back.

The 4Snows actually swell up when your riding and allow you to float.

on Kijiji there's always a few sets for sale online, up here in canada anyway.

I'm pretty sure they only come in 22" though

DirtyBirdRacing
07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks, I wil look in to 4-Snow see what there about,

Where you going to be rideing Greencow?

Thumpin440ex
07-15-2011, 11:42 PM
The 4 snows are made by maxxis, from what I have read on other forums, seem to do pretty well...

John

hocman123
07-16-2011, 09:05 AM
i have a pair of maxxis razers and i have had great experiances in the snow i have with easy drivine in up to 6-7in of snow from a stand still and have had no problems i even made it throught this trail one time that about 6 other people will all sorts of differant tires in cluding paddles could not make it through and all got stuck but i crused right thought