PDA

View Full Version : power valve question

205dke187
07-14-2011, 04:36 PM
what is the difference in the old style rotax power valve and the new ones? i have a ct 350 power valve with about 10 hours of run time but about a year of sit time. do i need to have my power valve upgraded? or just run it until i notice a loss of power?

C-LEIGH RACING
07-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Do you have the old style Rotax valve ??.
If you do, probably all you need to do, is pull it off the cylinder & clean it up good.
If you can press the valve blade in & then it will return back out quickly, then you can pretty much say it is ok.
It is possible, for the diaphram on the inside of the valve to be damaged, but other than taking the valve apart, is the only way you could tell if it is.
If you press it in & it is kinda slow coming back out, it needs pulling apart & cleaning.
By the PV valves operating from a pulse from the exhaust, burnt oils will get up inside the valve & cause it to work slow & sometimes cause it not to work at all.

The New CT PV valve, is quite a bit different from the old Rotax valve, but works just as good.
It could need cleaning as well if the valve blade is slow about coming back out.
Neil

205dke187
07-15-2011, 08:32 AM
That was so helpful. I really appreciate all of the info. That just saved me about 200 bucks. Im gonna check it out today. Thanks again.