PDA

View Full Version : I need help to find out if a atv is stolen

womerk28
07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
i'm from ohio andd need a way to find out if the quad is stolen or quit being paid for. I called the DMV and they said nothign showed up so that is good. Is there a national database or something like that i can run the vins?

CJM
07-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Local police will do it for you, call them and explain your buying it and want to make sure its not stolen.

DnB_racing
07-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by womerk28
i'm from ohio andd need a way to find out if the quad is stolen or quit being paid for. I called the DMV and they said nothign showed up so that is good. Is there a national database or something like that i can run the vins? no database that will show it, if it was stolen from a different state, it might not be detected until you are stopped in another state...

in Mass alot of companies do criminal background tests. and they dont even show out of state criminal convictions.. the communication between departments all depend on the system that the individual law enforcements are using,there isn't enough standardization between different law agency....

I know people with warrants that were stopped out of state and they were never even arrested

C41Xracer
07-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
no database that will show it, if it was stolen from a different state, it might not be detected until you are stopped in another state...

in Mass alot of companies do criminal background tests. and they dont even show out of state criminal convictions.. the communication between departments all depend on the system that the individual law enforcements are using,there isn't enough standardization between different law agency....

I know people with warrants that were stopped out of state and they were never even arrested

nope your wrong
http://theftaz.azag.gov/index.php

DnB_racing
07-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
nope your wrong
http://theftaz.azag.gov/index.php thats what Arizona uses not all states have the same database, depending on when and were it was stolen from, it might not be detected until someone in the right state looks,

and that is used more for cars not bikes or quads,

quads get about as much priority as a bicycle, when i had mine stolen it was disgusting how little they can do, and the way they recorded it was a joke,I was completely shocked how bad my chances of recovery was,

My quad was bought in a none title state, and I never had as reason to register it, maybe without ant of these things,makes the paper trail ,harder for the police to help track, just the vin number, didnt help me at all, it was never recovered!

until recently criminals wanted by different agencies could get away with even being arrested for something small, and not every be traced for the bigger crime.. the national crime database needs much work. if they have a hard time with fugitives then it must be very difficult for stolen goods

SpasticR450
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I sold my chassis Vin number to some one on here months back. After I was thinking if i wanted to I could report my quad stolen and get a free quad lol. But I'd never do that haha