PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leaking, not sure from where

Pacheco_450r
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
My 2005 has been doing this for a while but its usually after coming of the motocross track there is coolant that had splashed on the left side of my bike.
I never see it actually dripping/splashing while I'm riding. It's wet on the upper radiator guard, the front of my left nerf bar and my left riding boot. Nothing is wet on the actual radiator or the overflow bottle. It's not overheating because my fan hasn't been kicking on and the radiator cap has been tested. I made sure the overflow bottle cap is snapped on good, and I don't see any cracks on my radiator. I'm not losing much coolant but I just can't figure out where it's coming from! Any ideas?

blacknblue#2
07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Dont trust that fan. Ive owned several and had them very warm and i may have seen a fan kick on one time. More than likely if this is occuring on a track its gettin warm and blowing it. I know you said youve checked everything and theres no way but wire your fan up direct and see if that helps. Ground the fan out and it will run whenever the quad is running

Pacheco_450r
07-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I grounded the fan today and it kicked on, so that's working fine. You mentioned that when it's getting hot it could be blowing it out? But where would it be blowing out from, isn't everything sealed?