PDA

View Full Version : Frame and other parts coming your way.

cheetah
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Pappy got that frame and all of the other stuff we talked about on the way. Coming from Corbin, KY. You should see it Monday. Thanks Pappy!

Kevin

Pappy
07-20-2011, 04:18 PM
big parts are at strippers...most of small stuff is stripped or being stripped

cheetah
07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks Pappy. ;)

cheetah
07-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey Pappy have you had a chance to shoot any of the smaller stuff yet? I was just wondering if that combo came out okay.

Pappy
07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
No, but i might try a small run of it tomorrow. I went over expecting to pick up parts from stripping and none were done, so I now have a light schedule for tomorrow.

Kind of ironic,I was going to do a few pieces and show them to you to see if it was youre after haha

cheetah
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
No big deal Pappy. That's how things go. I'm not trying to rush you I just thought you might have had something done to where you knew if it came out good. Yeah if you don't mind I would definitely like to see how some of the smaller stuff went. Take your time though and get back with me whenever it's convenient. Thanks.

Pappy
08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Shot the smaller parts and IMO they are horrible. The candy doesnt pop over the vien anywhere close to what I get with red or blue candy. IMO we need to rethink the colors!

cheetah
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Dang! I was really hoping that would turn out well. In that case I would either just stay with the straight candy orange or possibly the copper sparkle. Something has drawn to me about that color, but I can't tell for sure from the pictures you have how it looks if you stand back off of it. What is your opinion on the copper sparkle? Which color makes more of an impression to you?

Pappy
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I like it. It changes IMO from an orangish to a candy rootbeer. I would want that versus the orange, unless you went with a flouresant orange..thats bright! LOL

cheetah
08-05-2011, 07:43 PM
That's really what I was hoping to hear. That was my original fallback I was going to do if this didn't work and then got wet feet and was going to stay with candy, but I say let's shoot it in the copper sparkle. Something about that color has me drawn in and I think it would look just as good against the blue plastics and my graphics.

Pappy
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
10-4, I will order the CS and get-r-done

cheetah
08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks Pap! Sorry I sent you on a bit of a goose chase.

cheetah
08-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Btw did the frame and big stuff ever make it back from the strippers?

Pappy
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I should be picking that stuff up tomorrow. Clear wont be in until friday or monday so no huge rush on my end until it arrives along with the CS. (didnt mean that to sound bad LOL....just meaning I cant do anything until the new color arrives!)

cheetah
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey can't work with nothing. Lol. BTW do you know of anything good to clean cases with? They don't have to look exactly new, but I would like to get some of the old tarnish off while I'm waiting.

Pappy
08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Center cases?

Did your moly work this morning:p

cheetah
08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Yep center cases. Sounds great!:macho

Pappy
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
We use a wheel cleaner, made for aluminum rims. You can also get an aluminum truck body wash but you have to be VERY careful as some of these will etch the metal, but they do clean it like new! Some are also made for painted finished, others are destructive to paint and pc.

cheetah
08-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Hows things coming? Did the CS make it in?

Pappy
08-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Yep, everything is now stripped and ready to go

cheetah
08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Alright just checking in. I still have the motor out here in pieces and was wandering if I need to be motivating myself to get after it. lol

Pappy
08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
LOL..been there! Most atv and dirt bike stuff during the summer is along the lines of what you are doing. Motor is grenaded and being rebuilt so no big rush. Works for me because im traveling so much but hate being behind in any regard.

cheetah
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I hear ya. I raced GNCC for many years so I would never have time to think about it in the summer. I took a couple years off from bikes all together then ran across a deal on one of my favorite bikes...another cannondale. I know you remember them Pappy!:p Actually, your old black cannibal with the blue headlights was the quad that made me decide I wanted a dale back then. Anyways I picked that one up put all of my old racing dale parts on it and took it out to race for old times sake. Pulled off 2nd in B on the thing and now I'm hooked again. lol. The funnest series I ever ran though was Mid South winter so that is really what I'm getting this bike ready for. I ran into a good deal on it and decided I wanted to do a frame up on it. There was nothing really wrong with the motor I just wanted to double check everything in the bottom end and make her a little bit bigger. I probably shouldn't be procrastinating and just put the motor together, but the weather has finally broke from the heat around here and it's just been too dang nice to be couped up in the garage. I just really wanted to see if I need to be getting on the ball so I would have it together when everything got back. I'm starting to get anxious for some seat time.:D

Pappy
08-18-2011, 07:59 PM
The Dales were fun....and if my shoulders werent so bad i'd give a few XC's a run just for the fun of it.

cheetah
08-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey Pap is there any chance I might see this stuff next week?

Pappy
08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
You will probably start seeing boxes at the end of this week.

I pm'd you the total