PDA

View Full Version : Fox Floats w/rez

teamramrod
07-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I have long travel floats on a drr 50 and have no idea on how to set the up. The front is too stiff, however when I lower the air pressure the quad has way to much roll. Is there a magic number? My other 50 has elkas and they seem a lot better. Any ideas on set up, or does somebody want to trade elka lt for the floats? They are 14.5 inches long. My boy only runs local stuff, weighs about 50 pounds, 6 years old. This stuff is a lot harder then my old 400, but then again I'm getting old. Thanks.

jweidner
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey,

What type of fox floats do you have. We have fox floats Evo's and have no issues with. The shock should come with instructions, I had to read mine about 20 times, but now it's easy.

djdfairchild
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
only use the air pressure to set the right height, it has very little effect on the compression when in use. the compression knob is what you need to play with. i have 2 sets my youngest is 50 lbs and pressure is in the mid 30's older boy is 130 lbs and is set in the 50 range. again i only use the pressure to get my 2 inchs of drop when he sits on it. i have slowly adjusted comp. and rebound as he rides.

raidernut
07-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Fairchilds advice on air for ride heighth is correct. think of the air adjustment being the same as the threaded pre-load collar on a conventional coil spring shock. We run considerably less air than in fairchilds set up, with about 25 pounds. This has worked for us for many years. We run 25 -27 on both Atv four play, and JB suspension set ups. Very important to remember is you MUST set the air with the front end off the ground! the readings will be very different with the weight of the bike on the ground. Start with your compression and rebound adjustments in the middle and work with it from there. Feel free to ask any more questions, as i have been working with these shocks on the minis since they first came out.