PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Edit/Video I Made

lasher45
07-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I've been on vacation and put all the footage together and made a short video. I plan to make a longer 10-15 minute one at the end of the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8zQJUOuVU

Filmed with a GoPro Hd.

I'm hoping to get into small film making an uploading a video every 1-2 weeks and possibly making money off of YouTube, so any criticism is appreciated.

TheLane
07-13-2011, 02:36 PM
lol great vid man. A bit epic in the beginning, i was think dum dum dummm!!!!!!! TUBE!!!!.

slightlybent47
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought it was pretty good, it flowed with the music very well and the timing was spot on.

Good job!

TAZ450r
07-13-2011, 04:18 PM
nice video!! looks good, like how it flows whit the music:)

criticism
the video is a bit to shaky at the clips wher you hold the camera, and when you do a timelapse of nature stuff make sure no one is getting in the picture any time:) and also, make your youtube profile page look better, a plain black background isn't so funny...

i got a quastion too, cause im also making videos...
how do you make your video "shake" back and forward flowing whit the music like in 0.59 in your video...is it just to try to get the timing? or is ther some kind of after effects thing you can do like some expressions or something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/user/perssonfmx?feature=mhee

TheLane
07-13-2011, 04:39 PM
hey taz, your picture for your background on your youtube channel says "I RIDE QUAD AND MAKE VIDEOS"

400exc
07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Looks good! and like some nice water! Glad to see other people have fun doing the barrel rolls! :D

TheLane
07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
PS: Im very new to it myself and just started using a tripod after this video lol, so the footage will be much better

http://youtu.be/M9Xvse30kYw

Tommy Warren
07-13-2011, 05:02 PM
SICK VIDEO FOR SURE!

all I could picture though was you walking around a tube in the middle of an open feild with a video camera....if I saw that I would be like WTF?!?!?!?

lasher45
07-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

@TAZ, I tried making sure no one walked infront of the camera, but the placing made it hard for everyone to stay out of the way. I'm also working on coming up with a background as well.

The "shake" back and forth your talking about is just careful timing, it took a little while to adjust it right.

@400, We love doing barrel rolls. Last year I perforated both of my eardrums doing on though :(. We're working on getting an aerial roll down this summer.

@Tommy, I made sure there was the least amount of people there as possible lol. There was 1 guy and I could tell he was giving me some weird looks, especially since I had the camera mounted on a ski pole.

400exc
07-13-2011, 07:09 PM
What is an ariel roll?

finsteratv
07-13-2011, 07:26 PM
i LOVE tubing and god dang it gets fun :devil: im hoping to pick up wakeboarding and single skiing this summer :)

lasher45
07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
What is an ariel roll?

Pretty much a barrel roll but in the air. It's when you jump off the wake and do a roll. The first fall footage at 53 seconds is my friend trying to one. I don't think I've laughed so hard from tubing after he let go halfway around.

Lasher
07-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by TAZ450r

criticism...
when you do a timelapse of nature stuff make sure no one is getting in the picture any time:)

I take blame for the being in the time lapse shot. I had to cover the boats to head home and forgot that the camera shoots at a very wide angle. Ooops.

I am the Dad, boat driver and original dare devil on the lake. I grew up going there all summer long and if we could tie it to the boat, we tried it.

These kids are just scratching the surface of doing things. But then again, I love crashing on the tubes. Even at my old age.