PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact!

slightlybent47
07-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Interesting fact I found out about today. When you pull up to a drive through and make an order, then pull around to the window and they ask you to pull forward and wait for your food. (Sometimes even when there is no one behind you)
What they are doing is tricking the timing sensor that management uses to track your trip times through the drive through.
By pulling up it makes it look like you have received your food and have left.

I never have done it and now I for sure will never do it.
I feel like everyone should wait there turn and if I got there first and they are slow with my order then tough chit!

tjsdaname
07-12-2011, 09:40 PM
what fast food place was this?

Tommy Warren
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
i get that at burger king a lot

Kickstarts-suck
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
i get that at burger king a lot

x2.

They tell me to pull up then back up back to the window..

I agree so they wont spit in my food.. :ermm:

Thumpin440ex
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Either way if you wait or just drive around your still going to wait the same amount of time to get your food.. Unless I am missing something..

John

slightlybent47
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Weather you choose to pull up or take your chances and wait at the window wasn’t my point. I just thought it was interesting. I’m sure we’ve all had this happen.

What it does is tell corporate that there doing a great job but that may not be the case.

motofreak2772
07-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
Either way if you wait or just drive around your still going to wait the same amount of time to get your food.. Unless I am missing something..

John
There is a timer inside that keeps track of how long the order is taking. If they take too long they will get in trouble, so they tell you to move up so the timer thinks they aren't going over the time limit.

supraloud84
07-13-2011, 05:05 AM
The timer usually doesnt clear until they clear the order from the list. They usually "pull you" if they are waiting on fries or something like that to come out of the fryer. When I used to work in a fast food restaurant we didnt clear the order from the screen until we sent the food outside. Otherwise they run the risk of forgetting what was on the order. Usually it is done just to keep the line from backing up

slightlybent47
07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by supraloud84
The timer usually doesnt clear until they clear the order from the list. They usually "pull you" if they are waiting on fries or something like that to come out of the fryer. When I used to work in a fast food restaurant we didnt clear the order from the screen until we sent the food outside. Otherwise they run the risk of forgetting what was on the order. Usually it is done just to keep the line from backing up

If it’s done just to keep the line moving, then why do they ask you to move when there is no one behind you? There trying to fool corporate into thinking there faster then they really are!

Scro
07-13-2011, 08:50 AM
That would be my argument. I can remember being asked several times to pull forward when the people behind me were still at the speaker.

chucked
07-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I knew they had sensors for that, but never thought that's why they wanted you to pull forward.

Zakradu398
07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Haha. This reminds me of when I was little. Me and my dad would go through mcdonalds drive-through sometimes. And god forbid they told him to pull forward because he would park his jeep in front of the pick up window and walk inside to wait for this food. Embarrassing at the time but now that I look back that was pretty funny.

CJM
07-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Usually its faster to go inside if theres a line at the drive thru.

motofreak2772
07-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Usually its faster to go inside if theres a line at the drive thru.
I don't know about that. They serve the drive through people first. Every time there is a line outside I have to wait twice as long on my order inside.

slightlybent47
07-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I don't know about that. They serve the drive through people first. Every time there is a line outside I have to wait twice as long on my order inside.

Yeah! I kinda feel the same way. Just like people will take orders over the phone and make me wait when I took the time to drive down there in person.

madskrillz2
07-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Or you all could just stop being fat asses and not eat fast food. :D

slightlybent47
07-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Or you all could just stop being fat asses and not eat fast food. :D

You must be assuming we all are fat like you! No where did anyone say how often we are eating fast food. Don’t just assume that we are eating out all the time. Just because you get fat eating fast food doesn’t mean everyone does. lol http://planetsmilies.net/eat-drink-smiley-5148.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

madskrillz2
07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
You must be assuming we all are fat like you! No where did anyone say how often we are eating fast food. Don’t just assume that we are eating out all the time. Just because you get fat eating fast food doesn’t mean everyone does. lol http://planetsmilies.net/eat-drink-smiley-5148.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

I know I was just joking hence the smiley at the end.

slightlybent47
07-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I know I was just joking hence the smiley at the end.

Yeah! Me too. Notice the lol and the McDonald peace sign!

It's all good!