PDA

View Full Version : Tires

Minndave13
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
One thing I see time and time again is people complaining of tires. What they complain about is that this tire or that tire is not as strong as another brand of tire they have used at the side wall. So let's set the record straight. Most ATV tires come in either 2 ply, 4ply, and 6 ply tires. This is the ply where the tread is, NOT on the side wall. Most tires have only a 2 ply rating on the side wall. This is due to allow the tire to flex. If the tire had more ply's on the side wall then the tire would be stiffer meaning a harder ride for the rider. Hope this helps.

01boneless
07-12-2011, 09:00 PM
lol better?:D

Minndave13
07-13-2011, 12:27 AM
If you read reviews on other sites about tires, others write about the side walls not being as strong on some tires. This could be because of rubber compound but it is not due to tire ply. I ride in very rocky conditions and have used 2,4, and 6 ply tires and have yet to put a single hole in any tires. I have over 2,500 miles on my quad by the way and i would have gone with 4 ply tires if they would have made the tires I wanted in 4 ply.