PDA

View Full Version : eton 50 clutch tuning

jd450mx
07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I have an eton 50 that I am building and I am to the point of needing cluthc springs. I already have a max rpm 1500 torque spring. I need to know what size springs I need for the shoes and what weight rollers I need. I have a hetrick gen II pipe, keihin 24mm carb, koso intake with spacer, and the cylinder has been ported. I am running snow hog 16" tires on the rear and I have several different sprocket sizes. Any help for a good starting point would be greatly appreciated.

EthansDad
07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
that takes me back. that is what we started on, an eton 50. I wanted to mod it like yours, but ended up buying a stock DRR instead.

As for setup, it would really depend on what rpms you think you can get out of your motor and where you want the clutch to hold the rpms.

Taking some GUESSES, here is what I'd start with:

max rpms - 11,500 (got a tach?)

front var - yamasida, stock DRR oem part
rollers 3.25
782 belt
max rpm 1500 spring
19/35 final gearing

if you are turning more rpms, then go lower on the rollers to say 3.0, or try mixing 3.25 and 3.0s. could also try a red malossi or red hebo. for the clutch shoe springs, they control when the clutch engages, known as stall. for the 50s, I like it high, like 6500-7500 range. you can try the koso 2k springs with the stock clutch. should get you close. if you want a bit more performance, could also get a stage 6 adjustable clutch and bell and easily get stall north of 7k if you like. for mx, higher stall is better, for xc, you probably should keep the stall closer to 6k

on the final gearing, you really can't beat 19/35 on a 50 IMO. if you drop ratio to 19/32, yes, you might get more top speed, but likely the load on the motor won't let the CVT shift out and you won't get there.

Take some test runs with set ups close to that and let us know what results you are getting.

jd450mx
07-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks alot I will try all of those things and let you know what works best for me. I still have a few things left to get before the quad is running but it won't be long.

jd450mx
08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Where is the best place to get a 782 belt and a 35 tooth rear sprocket for my eton?

nastynotchback1
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by jd450mx
Where is the best place to get a 782 belt and a 35 tooth rear sprocket for my eton?

Call maximum rpm for the belt and i would call rebel gears for the sprocket.