PDA

View Full Version : Dungey testing a KTM....

300ex_#387
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Here you guys go.....

dehner47
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
very intresting.. i havent seen anything on the dirtbike websites about this..

250r rider 88
07-10-2011, 03:30 PM
i know the helmet says Dungey but possible photoshop? he doesn't usually wear a chest protector or Fox boots he has a contract to wear those special Nike ones

dehner47
07-10-2011, 03:30 PM
and was just told thats his lil brother Blake..

hondaracer_34
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
When they were racing at Red Bud the commentators were talking about Dungey and KTM; How Decoster/ KTM were talking to Dungey. His contract with Suzuki went out at Red Bud I believe? Correct me if im wrong.

300ex_#387
07-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
and was just told thats his lil brother Blake..

Aww man I was hoping I could let it go a little longer than 4 posts haha. Yeah thats blake. I found this picture on vital and wanted to see what people would say. There are rumors though of Ryan going to KTM with Decoster next year. Also james to Suzuki, JGR to honda. Should be interesting. Pourcel just DNF'd both motos with pro circuit kawi in the GP's this weekend. Seems like he isn't going anywhere anymore.

300ex_#387
07-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
When they were racing at Red Bud the commentators were talking about Dungey and KTM; How Decoster/ KTM were talking to Dungey. His contract with Suzuki went out at Red Bud I believe? Correct me if im wrong.

I believe his contract is up after this 2011 motocross series.

eastside 400
07-10-2011, 08:17 PM
yea i was gonna say, RD wouldnt be on a procircuit KTM if he went there. and his brother has been on ktms for a long time now. From what everyone is saying is that RD to KTM is almost a done deal, KTM sent the big boss to redbud from overseas to talk to RD. And i guess short wants off of the 350 and RD has said that he wont ride the 350 either so KTM is going to put the linkage and FI on the 450 mid year and release it as a 2012 1/2 model

platummxracer8
07-10-2011, 10:45 PM
im not going to say anything. some of this is right but somes wrong. its going to be interesting on how things turn out next year.

KingpinsEx
07-11-2011, 06:12 PM
This is sad, suzuki is just punking out all together. Cutting the quad program was bad, but they are out of their minds not re-signing Dungey. :confused:

eastside 400
07-11-2011, 06:51 PM
no body said that suzuki hasnt offered anything yet, think about it, roczen was on suzuki in GP's and had some bike problems, decoster went to KTM and ken followed, now RD is having some minor problems and decoster is still there so maybe thats where he wants to go. i read somewhere that RD's cost is 1M per year so maybe suzuki doesnt have the monetary support they need to continue with him. i dont think people realize how bad the new bike sales are right now, they are terrible and non of the OEM's are doing real good, most of the money for the teams is comming from the energy drink sponsors for the teams and other major companies outside of the MX world

JIM GRACE
07-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
i know the helmet says Dungey but possible photoshop? he doesn't usually wear a chest protector or Fox boots he has a contract to wear those special Nike ones

wow, i believed it before your post. great photo shop job tho and there has been a lot of talk about this.

eastside 400
07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
its not a photoshop, its ryan's brother Blake, he rides KTM's

JIM GRACE
07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
its not a photoshop, its ryan's brother Blake, he rides KTM's

Wow,,I'm a dungy fan and didn't know he had a younger brother that raced. Same thing with Stewart . There wasn't much talk about him before the pre season

eastside 400
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GoCox8_VJA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FHKracingZ
07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Roczen racing suzukis for teka suzuki has nothing to do with rockstar suzuki when roger was team manager. The teka suzuki bikes and rockstar bikes are completely different. Just because they are both suzuki teams does not mean anything. Suzuki of Europe and Suzuki of North America are seperate. plus GP bikes have no production rules so they are considered works bikes. While AMA has production rules for weight, bike geometry, frame and exc...

eastside 400
07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
i never said that the 2 teams were directly related, they are both factory suzuki teams though and i understand all of the GP vs. AMA rules, but you cant say that decoster going to KTM wasnt part of why Roczen went there and came over here to ride for a while. i honestly think that if KTM can make a 450 with the FI and linkage in time for some serious testing like right now and they can come up with the money that dungey will go there next year. but no one really knows the answers, everything is all rumors right now. i just dont see RD staying where he is, nothing to do with the bike, i just dont think he is staying there

D Bergstrom
07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
This is sad, suzuki is just punking out all together. Cutting the quad program was bad, but they are out of their minds not re-signing Dungey. :confused:

Word is Dungey wants to leave Suzuki, wants to work with DeCoster again. Doesn't matter what Suzuki offers, chances are he won't be staying.

Doug