PDA

View Full Version : Buddy of mine went down HARD at a race today

TheLane
07-10-2011, 03:49 AM
It was a SUPER windy day today and he was on a dirt scooter, hit a 60ft table and the wind practically swept him right off the bike and he came down head first. I was filming (out of respect for him i wont put it up till he gives me the ok) and was the first one to get to him and found him out cold.

The stupid F***ing B**** flag girl was just sitting there leisurely dangling the yellow flag (more on this later).

So while i was waiting for the EMT's to get there he comes to and starts rolling around in pain and while im trying to find out what kind of injuries he has (While keeping him still) dudes are still coming over the jump full speed and having to almost wreck themselves to try and avoid us, so my buddy who jumped the fence got up to the top of the table and started waiving guys over and trying to slow them down.

(yet again stupid B**** had no idea what she was doing, i found out later most of the guys didnt even see the flag because she wasnt even waiving it.)

Finally the EMTS show up and we get him off the track and to the hospital. (which is where he is now, And minus a SUPER bad concussion and some scratches bruises and some pulled muscles he is ok)

jeez, what a rush. It never gets any easier when you are the first one on the scene when someone comes down hard, especially a friend. you just kinda feel helpless.

quad2xtreme
07-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear it. Glad he is going to be ok.

The wind is no joke. I got turned sideways on the 450r from a gust a few months ago at NCMP. There was zero chance of saving it...landing completely sideways on the down slope of the lander. I don't remember much about it but know I was lucky too to walk away from it with nothing more than a minor hip injury.

KXRida
07-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I hear ya on the wind. Last may I was practicing and hit a good 90' step up out of a valley and as soon as I peaked in the air I caught a gust. Needless to say it's almost didn't end up good. Go figure though my cousin hit me 4th gear wide the same day and I haven't ridden since.

quad2xtreme
07-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I hear ya on the wind. Last may I was practicing and hit a good 90' step up out of a valley and as soon as I peaked in the air I caught a gust. Needless to say it's almost didn't end up good. Go figure though my cousin hit me 4th gear wide the same day and I haven't ridden since.

I didn't realize you weren't still riding. Did you sustain permanent injuries or did the wreck knock some sense into you? :p

KXRida
07-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Got knocked out for a few minutes with that crash at rocket. Had a mild traumatic brain injury (upper grade concussion) and had problems with my vision for about 2 months and headaches after that. Ended up selling everything the next week. Lost my *** on my kxf. Sold it for $3000 when I only put 15 hours on the bike since I had it and not to mention a good $4000 in aftermarket goodies. Ya sold everything and bought my mustang. A buddy of mine has a race ready yfz that he'd sell it to me for $2000 so it's tempting.

HondaPohl
07-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Well usally flag girls are only good for one thing.:eek: Hope he is ok.

ATV Chic
07-10-2011, 07:17 PM
glad he's ok dude that's crazy. FYI most young girls today don't have a clue about ANYTHING lol let alone someone wrecking and them protecting the person :rolleyes: jus sayin'

Pappy
07-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Local track here had a similiar deal, one rider died after being hit from wrecking. No flaggers, just a open practice, result was bad nonetheless.

Santo Derisi almost ran over a downed rider here a few years back, how he managed to get away from the downed rider was a miracle.

Hope your buddy heals up fast

platummxracer8
07-10-2011, 10:51 PM
flaggers are idiots! but so are the people that hire them. they should go through a class or have someone teach them on what to do. anyone who went to wildwood thunder in the sand should understand. i seen a huge pile up after a double an the flagger got roosted so he ran off the jump an let people land on the pile of riders and dirtbikes. just gets me going seeing people like this these days.

sexysilverado45
07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
In our new series here in ks we made rider safety a major priority. After the first race it was somewhat apparent to us that you can't just throw someone out there and have them flag. In between the first and second race we payed for all of our flaggers and any one who was interested in flagging go threw a full days class. It defiantly showed at our last race. Also our local supercross series did the same thing and I have noticed a huge increase in the overall safety of our riders.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
So flaggers are basically ring card girls?

So sorry to hear of this lane but like everyone else I'm glad to hear your friend will be ok, often times these threads don't end so well.

kt1148
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I flag the Start/Finish at our local track (Muddy Waters Motorsports Park). All flaggers wear a headset to let everyone know when a rider is down or stalled. We do have to remind the younger flaggers to pay attention at times, but everything runs smooth for the most part. I guess I've been lucky, never seen any bad injuries yet...