PDA

View Full Version : poll best aftermarket frame

slamdak8782
07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
wtb frame

rayman375
07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Best for what? There are so many variances in all of the frames available that you first decide what the quad will be used for then go from there.

DnB_racing
07-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I took it as if I could have any frame which would I choose

hartwill
07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
I always liked walsh products. But from what I have read for the money you cant beat arens frames.

quadfmx
07-10-2011, 01:32 AM
i think best for what is right and what about no link cr 500 etc,
def should be on there

bigmatt61
07-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Doug Roll huh? Have any of you seen the front end on a Kawasaki Tecate 4? I wonder where he got the idea for those "gull wing" a-arms? Hmmmm?

From a pure engineering stand point of what he came up with back in the day to improve racing quads across ALL forms of racing and all on his own, I think Laeger.
That man is pretty slick!

Matt

gtilley45
07-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by bigmatt61
Doug Roll huh? Have any of you seen the front end on a Kawasaki Tecate 4? I wonder where he got the idea for those "gull wing" a-arms? Hmmmm?

From a pure engineering stand point of what he came up with back in the day to improve racing quads across ALL forms of racing and all on his own, I think Laeger.
That man is pretty slick!

Matt
Not that I'm disagreeing about Laeger....but wasn't Mark Laeger sued by somebody in the trophy truck world claiming that he copied the t-pin design from them?

Personally, I think it's a toss up between a Walsh and a Laeger. There are certain things I like better about each. But since I have one, I'm gonna vote for Walsh. LOL

CanuckR
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't know if Mark Laeger was sued or not.
But one thing that I think a lot of people forget, Is that NONE of the technology on any of the bikes is new or leading edge. It might be in the ATV industry. But its been used in other forms of racing for probably in excess of 5+ years.
Look at the fuel injection on the 450's its a marginal step up from the TBI off of mid 80's chevy trucks. Even with the PIM 2's and stuff that use 02 sensors. Still old *** technology.

Sorry for the mini rant and off topic post. Just wish the manufacturers would spend some real time and money on the bikes. Even if all they want to make is 4 pokes.

Derek

destey
07-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by CanuckR

Look at the fuel injection on the 450's its a marginal step up from the TBI off of mid 80's chevy trucks. Even with the PIM 2's and stuff that use 02 sensors. Still old *** technology.

Its about cost vs revenue generation. How many more bikes will honda sell if it goes to fuel injection.

I was going to say not nearly as many ATVs are sold and it doesn't justfy the R&D, but I looked it up and here's the data

759,000 ATVs were sold in 2007 down from 912,000 in 2004

1.11 million motorcycles were sold in the United States in 2007, down from 1.19 million in 2006

Closer than I thought.

According to a poll by atvtraction.org, over 90% of ATV owners are hunters.
http://www.atvtraction.org/Interesting_Facts.html>

A survey of ATV owners found that 65 percent use their ATV to reach
hunting areas, 22 percent for farming and ranching and 71 percent for
landscaping and property management and maintenance. 77% of ATV owners
are aged between 30 and 59.
(Source: Napsi. The ABCs of ATVs.)

Most ATVs are probably 4x4s used for hunting. From anecdotal evidence I've seen most 4x4 riders going to hunting camp aren't about bleeding edge technology.