PDA

View Full Version : I got my license!

ridehonda400ex
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Just thought i would tell ya all that I turned 16 today and got my license! It feels good to drive by myself. The only thing that sucks is putting gas in my truck lol. especially since its all out of my own pocket lol

mx Eli
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
what part of IL. are you from? if your more north shoudl hook up some time and ride at walnut or KI

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Have fun while it lasts. I remember when I got my license, a year ago. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, being able to drive by myself and go places.

After the first two months.. it becomes something you don't want to do. You won't feel like driving anywhere. And what made my situation worse, is I had my license before a lot of people, so I was always being asked for rides.

These days, the only enjoyment I get out of driving, is doing wreckless things. IE: Hitting corners hard on backroads, racing, etc.

Be careful, and congratulations.

Trx450er94
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
God Bless you I get mine at 18 lol

Pipeless416
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
if you have a car you really enjoy, driving is great. congrats! some of my happiest, most stress free times are when im on the back roads with my tops off on a sunny day with some good loud music. nothing beats it.

be careful.. and learn to drive defensively.

Honda4life05
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by mx Eli
what part of IL. are you from? if your more north shoudl hook up some time and ride at walnut or KI

Are you racing walnut next weekend?

mx Eli
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
no I cant cus of the age requirments but I'll be there for practice from time to time

I'll be at KI this weekend though I love that track walnut 1st KI 2nd

muddy400EX
07-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
especially since its all out of my own pocket lol [/B]

ya...welcome to life. lol

ridehonda400ex
07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm one of the younger in my class but more mature than most. I obey the speed limits and I drive deffensively. And yeah welcome to life is right but i've been paying for most of my stuff for a while now. Its not because I have too, or bc my parents are bad, theyre actually really good to me its more just because I want to and I wanna do things and I dont expect my parents to pay for everything in my life.

Ruby Soho
07-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
if you have a car you really enjoy, driving is great. congrats! some of my happiest, most stress free times are when im on the back roads with my tops off on a sunny day with some good loud music. nothing beats it.

be careful.. and learn to drive defensively.

exactly.. i absolutely love driving my truck which makes driving fun.

however diesel at 3.99 and a 40 gallon tank isn't that great.:scary:

01boneless
07-08-2011, 09:22 AM
i pmed ya yesterday lol

atvnut22
07-08-2011, 06:49 PM
i liked driving when i first got my license too. then i started liking it less when i realized how much it sucks having a lowrider as a daily driver...specially with the crappy roads around here, have to slow down for every little bump so i dont bend a rim or something...

ridehonda400ex
07-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by atvnut22
i liked driving when i first got my license too. then i started liking it less when i realized how much it sucks having a lowrider as a daily driver...specially with the crappy roads around here, have to slow down for every little bump so i dont bend a rim or something...

I got a 2004 F-150, its only 2wd but thats fine since it still takes like 120 dollars to fill it up, but I only 10-20 dollars in at a time, but no need to worry about bottoming or bending a rim;)

flyboy1294
07-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Lucky. In KY I got my Permit at 16. Then had to wait 6 months and got my intermediate (restricted license) then had to wait another 6 months and was able to get my full license.

You don't really 'drive' until you're 16 1/2 here.

I hate driving. The pressure of knowing I have to pay for anything that gets damaged makes me feel sick to my stomach everywhere I go. lol.

CJM
07-09-2011, 08:45 AM
All this talk about permits, graduated drivers licenses, etc is funny to me.

Here in NJ when I went to get mine you had to have the permit for 2 weeks and then you took the test. Test was on a closed course and its so easy its pathetic. The guy who did mine said after a minute, skip everything else and parallel park and thats it lol.

Course now we have that graduated program. Permit at 16, license at 17, full license at 18. Not sure if it works any better imho.

atvnut22
07-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
I got a 2004 F-150, its only 2wd but thats fine since it still takes like 120 dollars to fill it up, but I only 10-20 dollars in at a time, but no need to worry about bottoming or bending a rim;)

yea, im in the process of getting another truck now. Papaw is buying me one. I dont really like the fact of him giving it to me, but he says that hes going to since he paid for all the years of my brothers college, and doesnt have to pay for mine since i am getting it paid for through fafsa and what not. im still going to repay him the most i can when i sell my truck and everything.