PDA

View Full Version : pa riders????

crday98
12-04-2001, 11:35 PM
i am looking for some new hills to climb and some new trails to rip up.can anyone help me out???i have plenty of places to ride that i could ride to from my house but it is getting a little old riding the same spots for the past 5 years.it doesn't help that i am the only crazy one in the group all of the time.it gets tiresome being the only person that climbs hills or tries something crazy.i wouldn't mind as much if i got to sit back and watch for once or had some funny competition like"i bet you can't do that":D type stuff.if anyone has any ideas,please post them.if anyone is in my area and is a lil nuts,drop me a PM if you want to hook up and ride sometime.

MOFO
12-05-2001, 09:53 AM
How far are you from Pittsburgh.... I'm about 30 min north....

Eric

crday98
12-05-2001, 11:27 AM
a few hours:( .i am about 30 min. north of Harrisburg depending how fast you drive.

12-05-2001, 09:29 PM
Allegheny National Forest
www.fs.fed.us/r9/allegheny/recreaton/trails/atv.html#marn

Traxx www.jackfrostbigboulder.com

Tower City www.towercitytrailriders.com

Raush Creek www.rauschcreekracing.com

Paragon Adventure Park
www.paragonap.com/paragon.htm

Evansville Raceway www.evansvilleraceway.com

Tommy 17
12-06-2001, 05:36 AM
I am half way between u both haha:D :D :D crday i have some nice hillz in my area but its kinda hard to get to some of them now... i mean these hillz are very crazy... we all go riding on sundays mayb in the summer u can come out i am sure u wont go home unhappy... we have a 45 mile round trip that we go on...

a few of the hillz that i can take u to are like straight up not one quads made them yet...

crday98
12-06-2001, 10:12 AM
thanks for the info guys.Ex'rMarlin, do you ride is this area often?i live very close to and have been to most of those places.i live right off I-81 in Frackville,tower city/rausch creek is only 15 minutes south of me and Paragon is about 20 minutes north of me on the interstate,jack frost is only a couple of minutes from there.i did not know that Paragon was open yet,i had seen in the local paper that they were going to open a park there but it never said when they were going to open.i have never been to Evansville raceway but from what i understand it is for racing only,not like jack frost or rausch creek where you could go there any day and pay to ride.keep them coming.

12-06-2001, 05:22 PM
I'm a member of Tower City Trail Riders there in Tower City (great trails). I enjoy Rausch Creek, usually go there with a group (good riding). Jack Frost is very slow and rocky, I don't go there much, maybe 2 times a year, at most. I'm sure it was the Allegeny National Forest that I went to with a group of guys a few times with.

I have not rode the other areas I mentioned.

I enjoy riding Tower City the most. I wish I went more often than I do. I try to go wherever my friends will go. We go to Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey for the most part. I'm willing to travel any weekend to go riding though.

I know the area where you live, let's ride sometime!!!!

crday98
12-06-2001, 11:06 PM
if you like tower city,you will love shenandoah.it is hillclimb and trail heaven.the next time you are going to be in the area drop me a PM.i will need to know a week in advance so i could get off work for the weekend.i will be working for the next 2 weekends but i will be off work starting the 22nd til the 1st.,if you have any plans to come any time soon and are able to ride during the holidays.let me know the next time you could make it.

EXtreme-
12-07-2001, 07:29 AM
When you get a new calander for 2002, set aside the Memorial Day weekend in the spring for a trip with us to Sproul State forest. You want some hills....eh? Buddy, they've gottem there! We usually antagonize each other till someone rolls :D Often times someone states "I am what I eat" :p and takes his brow beating like a man! We camp there at the trailhead for the whole weekend...usually 15 or more with us...wifes, kids, dogs, etc. We do the "family stuff" first and then let'r rip! Even on the slow rides, it's a must to stop and play on the climbs along the way.

Go to my link below and look up Sproul on the POSTCARDS page...that'll wet your whistle for a while! I'm sure VW (Eric) will join us this year too.

crday98
12-07-2001, 09:31 AM
yes,i wanted to attend the last get-together at Sproul.unfortunately we had to cancel at the last minute.i will try to make it this time.

MOFO
12-07-2001, 10:01 AM
Yep...I really want to make it this year for that Sproul run. That place looks like a great area to ride. I'm already setting that weekend aside...

Eric

12-07-2001, 05:12 PM
Crday98, I look forward to riding in your area soon. I will PM you. Thanks

jcv400ex
12-17-2001, 12:30 PM
Hey guys, I'm a mile away from the ANF trailhead in Marienville. Let me know if anyone needs info. I can help with any questions about the area or trail.

We're planning to ride either the 29th or the 30th of December out there. I'll post in here the exact date as soon as I know.

Jim

MOFO
12-17-2001, 12:39 PM
Hey, we are planning a trip up there for the same weekend. We'll have to keep in touch and maybe meet up. We should have around 6-8 riders with us.

Eric

jcv400ex
12-17-2001, 02:16 PM
Sweet! Yeah, we'll def. have to meet over there. I should have about 10 people with me. But 6 of them will be on 4 x 4's, so we'll leave them behind and rip some trail up!

Most of them are from Pittsburgh, so they'll prob. only ride one day. I'll ride both though if you guys are.

Jim