PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Help

TODD T
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY STOCK SUSPENSION. HOW DO I SET RACE SAG FOR THE REAR AND WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THE FRONT SHOCKS MY WEIGHT IS 230LBS

SpasticR450
07-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Whatever seems to work the best. But stock shocks are set for some one around 165.

blholtz
07-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Set your spring preload so you have a about 7 1/2 inches of clearance from the ground to the bottom of the frame to the floor, measured at the foot pegs. That would be on the rear shock only.

Set the front shock preload so you have about 8 inches, measured where your nerf bars cross or mount to the frame.

Set the compression and rebound adjustment halfway between closed and full open. This is a starting point and you will have to adjust these for you and your riding style.

this is how I have started any shock setup whether they are stock or aftermarket and had good luck. Hope this helps.

By the way stock shocks tend to be on the stiff side, but if you crank the rear shock down to get the ride height and you end up compressing the shock to the point that you get coil bind under full compression you are going to have to get a stiffer rear spring to convert in to a dual spring set up.