View Full Version : Lucas Oil Question?

B.C.#11TRX400EX
07-07-2011, 04:20 PM
A couple days ago i changed my oil and i put in Lucas Oil 10W40 with a K&N Oil Filter and it seems like to me its quieter than usually is that good or bad? Its sounds fine but its just quieter than it was before i changed the oil in it, i know that might sound weird but im dead serious it is quieter than usual and i ride it every single day

01boneless
07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
quiet is a good thing usaly these quads are noisey dont worry about it

CJM
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I wouldnt worry unless the bottle said something like "energy conserving" on the back, then the oils no good for a wet clutch system like the EX uses and I would change it for something else.

Me, I use shell rotella. It stays clean quite a long time, is heavy enough oil for the quads and is cheap at 13 bucks for a gallon.

B.C.#11TRX400EX
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Good this oil says it is perfect for air-cooled and water-cooled 4-stroke motorcycle engines, so its good oil i guisse since its quiet, i was putting in Honda GN4 10W30 it was $8 a quart, i just no put in Lucas Oil 10W40 it was $6.50 a quart, the honda oil made it loud but the Lucas Oil is pretty quiet, i like it and its Cheaper!!!!

slightlybent47
07-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Lucas oil started out as an additive but now they have some oil products as well.
It has an additive in it that keeps the oil from slinging off anything I comes in contact with. They have a display at most auto parts stores that shows you how it does this.

Chain saw bar oil, gear oil, some chain oil’s and some foam filter oils have this additive in it as well. It makes the oil sticky and it clings to parts better but I also think it changes the viscosity as well but I’m not sure.

Be carful and warm it up before you ride hard or if it’s cold. Or you could risk cold piston seizure.

It works great in motors with gear boxes and that’s where a lot of the noise comes from.
A lot of people like there product, including me.

B.C.#11TRX400EX
07-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info, yeah its good oil i like it

CJM
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Im a firm believer in the oil additive. Old work van I used to drive burned like a quart a week. Threw lucas in and it burned a qt once a month.