PDA

View Full Version : chain issue

cjmadison9
07-05-2011, 10:07 PM
ok this will prolly sound dumb but here it goes, i changed my sprocket sizes to the gearin i wanted now my chain is out of adjustment, if i take a link out its to small and if i leave the link in its to loose, so idk what to do, if i buy a new chain it will prolly work for a little while till it stretces and it will be loose again, iid if they make 1/2 links for chains or not or if thiers any other solution i apprietiate your feedback thanks!

cjmadison9
07-06-2011, 07:21 AM
i have a 520 chain on it now

HondaPohl
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
What are you riding? All quads have adjustments on the axle carrier. If your out of adjustment, take a link out and move it all the way in.

cjmadison9
07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah i know that, if i move the adjustment all the way forward and take a link out the cahin is to short, if i move it all the way back and leave the link in its to long, if i could just take one link out it be fine but when you take out a link really your takin out 2 sections or links, you understand? kinda hard to explain

JohnChilders
07-17-2011, 05:35 PM
if you bought a new chain, i believe you would still have the same problem. just play with it. maybe the chain is stretched?

Blazer
07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm having the same problem. I just dropped 1 tooth on my front sprocket and the chain was too loose. I tried tightening it but it won't tighten enough. I removed a link and now its way too tight. I adjusted the axle carrier to the loosest setting and it's still too tight. Either way it's not working for me...either too tight or loose. How can I fix this problem. I really need to make that gearing adjustment. Help...