PDA

View Full Version : greasable swinger pivot?

EXinMB
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
i cant find it but i know there was a post on how to make the swingarm pivot bolt greasable. does anyone have a link to it? also is there anyway to make the bearings greasable other than taking them apart??

CJM
07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Im sorry but I dont have the link but I can tell you its very easy to do.

You need a set screw and a grease zerk. Tap the bolt for the zerk and set screw, then drill holes in the bolt. Voila your done.

I thought about doing it to mine, but the grease although it would squirt out only so much would really. So I jsut coated the bolt in anti-seize which I feel is better than grease anyways.

As for the carrier, install a grease zerk on that if you wish.

flyboy1294
07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I did mine how CJM said.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/jerry42633/Powersports/Photo0130.jpg

01boneless
07-05-2011, 10:32 AM
flyboy1294

lol
top speed is not worthless if you drag race lol
jet kits are a minor upgrade cause they help complement power out of filters and pipes:)
and DG parts do suck lol

chronicsmoke
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 01boneless
flyboy1294

lol
top speed is not worthless if you drag race lol
jet kits are a minor upgrade cause they help complement power out of filters and pipes:)
and DG parts do suck lol

Not about how fast you go, it's about how fast you get there ;)

Jets are a tuning essential, not a mod to brag about

Don't use DG

"sank yuu preeaase" :chinese:

01boneless
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Not about how fast you go, it's about how fast you get there ;)

Jets are a tuning essential, not a mod to brag about

Don't use DG

"sank yuu preeaase" :chinese:

thats what im saying dont brag about aftermarket jets but they are important to have with other upgrades.
also i hate when people say ''hey i bet my quad will outrun yours in a drag" but on a mx track its a different story lol :)

DG booooo lol

woot

chronicsmoke
07-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 01boneless
thats what im saying dont brag about aftermarket jets but they are important to have with other upgrades.
also i hate when people say ''hey i bet my quad will outrun yours in a drag" but on a mx track its a different story lol :)

DG booooo lol

woot

haha yah I dont see any Raptors or DS650's beating 400's on the track here.. I dont really see them beating anybody now that I think about it haha..

Sorry to jack the tread.. It's all yours