PDA

View Full Version : Esr center mount: plz help

sand_blaster
07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I must be stupid but I can not figure out how to mount my trx 9 center mount. Can you provide pictures of how yours it mounted? It will not line up for me at all to be able to use the supplied hardware.
Thanks

KSRRider
07-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Be more specific. Where is it not working out? The best luck I've had with centermount pipes is to loosen up all engine mounts and pipe mounts to see where you need to persuade certain areas one way or another. This method has generally solved pipe mounting issues for me. In one case I ended up making some spacers to make things work on the lower mounting tab as the oem rubber grommet pipe mount would not work out. I've also had to re-drill a differnt hole on the mounting tab of the pipe itself, there is enough room to do that and maintain structural integrity.

Spacer plate engines, variations in exhaust flange thickness and aftermarket frames will all have an effect on the final outcome of how well a pipe fits. . . not to mention less than predictable manufacturing process of the pipes themselves.

Good luck! :)

sand_blaster
07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
This is your old 310 with the big ol' spacer plate.
Its the only lower mounting tab, it lines up with nothing. Think I should make a bracket? I actually saw a 250r with the trx9 that did.

KSRRider
07-03-2011, 10:16 PM
lol, it's not a big ole' spacer plate, standard plate actually. Just do what ya gotta do to make all the pipe joints fit nicely. If that means making a bracket or spacer then so be it, at least the pipe will fit the frame correctly and seal up good.

sand_blaster
07-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Yah yah ha. I'll keep messing with it. I think I'll make a bracket for it, thanks for the good info.