PDA

View Full Version : riding gear ?

4strokernow
07-03-2011, 07:21 AM
I've been riding for a pretty long time but I've never had "riding gear" its always consisted of a pair of beat up jeans and a longsleeve t-shirt, but recently I've been looking into getting a real deal set, I was just wondering if I should order the pants in the next bigger size or do they run pretty close to waist sizes in jeans? Only asking cause I wouldn't want to order them then turn around and have to send them back.

CJM
07-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Depends on the pants, I ordered a set and needed the next size up cause they were pretty tight and a bit short.

I would get some over the boots pants too, unless you wear riding boots.

ridehonda400ex
07-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I got the fox 180 set with the Honda logos. Its nice and it all fit how my normal clothes fit. The pants could probably be a size smaller because they're just a tad long and the waistband is adjustable. Also both the jersey and the pants breathe really well.

Then for boots I have the fox comp 5's. I LOVE these boots, I bought a size 13 and i wear an 11.5-12 depending on the shoe and they're awesome, it leaves my foot a little room to grow because i'm not spending $185 every year on boots and they don't give me blisters or anything, they Are very comfy.

Rkangel7
07-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Riding gear and helmets are always something I have to try on first before buying. I ride with over the boot pants. No two makers seem to fit the same and few grasp the concept of inseam length. If I am buying online I always try to find a local shop to test the fit first (or buy if their prices are reasonable). Then I order from a reputable online vendor that has a good sizing and return policy, just in case.

4strokernow
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I guess I'll have to take a ride to my local stealership and see what they have and see if I can test fit, thanks guys.

B.C.#11TRX400EX
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I have a Fox V1 Helmet, Oakley Proven MX Goggles, Fox 180 Honda jersey & pants, Fox Dirt Paw Gloves, and Alpinestars Tech 3 Boots Red/Black, They are very nice and comfortable i love em