PDA

View Full Version : 2012 450r

Pappy
07-01-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/honda-2012-trx450r-trx250x-sport-atvs.html

YOURADHERE
07-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Soooo....its pretty much the same as before? Not even any BOLD NEW GRAPHICS???!?

blaster99
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I see a carb in the picture... looks like the same bike they came out with in 06. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

yfm250rider
07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
so much for hoping for a 50 inch wide fuel injected bike

Ex_Rider43
07-01-2011, 11:59 AM
How can you have dealers all across Canada looking for new TRX450r's and Honda telling them that they have emptied the warehouse .... and then they release the same bike again.

Makes you wonder if the september release is about a new 450 ..

Tommy Warren
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
my buddy just found an 05 in the crate in ontario...they aren't hot sellers around here

brian76708
07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
who would buy that when the leftovers are the same exact for probably half the price. I hope they are at least planning a change for 2013..

rbgnwa45
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I've been expecting the same thing every year, any company to make me exactly what I want lol, a class hybrid, a much better sport-utility.

I wish Honda would produce a non-race, woods friendly 450R chassis (in +499cc) that's less maintenance, with more torque, a low 1st gear with close ratio 2-5 with 6th being geared for the highest possible top speed with those tires. Shaft drive, big tires (like 22's & 20's?), a trailer hitch, maybe even a 4x4 version, long travel suspension, steering stabilizer, rims that are safe to flip inside out and it gives a few inches to play with for width. Not to mention fuel injection, a big fuel tank, a large oil cooler, and like 20 different graphics schemes to choose from. Would that not be a new class of ATV all together (besides the v-force but that isn't MX-chassis) ? It combines 450R agility with the reliability of a UTE. Even a 400ex 1000cc, air-cooled 5 speed option would be cool, but we never see stuff like that, do we?

honduh440
07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
lets think about this for a second ..... honda is a powerhouse in the small engine world ..... do you think they cant make a fuel injected bike or they have some road block keeping them from doing it? NO ...... im a marketing director myself ... its obvious they will keep ridding the wave of these bikes untill there sales stop growing year after year then they will release something with a "bang" and grow as a company more than they already have.

Who cares if a random joe local B class rider from missouri is mad that they didnt come out witha fuel injected bike ..... there is a ton of 17 year olds that are 18 this year and can finance there own 450r that they have been dreaming of to replace the 25 people that switched to can am.

PaRedneckRiders
07-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
lets think about this for a second ..... honda is a powerhouse in the small engine world ..... do you think they cant make a fuel injected bike or they have some road block keeping them from doing it? NO ...... im a marketing director myself ... its obvious they will keep ridding the wave of these bikes untill there sales stop growing year after year then they will release something with a "bang" and grow as a company more than they already have.

Who cares if a random joe local B class rider from missouri is mad that they didnt come out witha fuel injected bike ..... there is a ton of 17 year olds that are 18 this year and can finance there own 450r that they have been dreaming of to replace the 25 people that switched to can am.
Exactly my thoughts also.
everyone is hoping for something different but in reality they should no it prob wont happen.
Ya im sure just about everyone would love to see honda come out with something awesome and new like a factory ready race quad for the public or FI or a number of other things but there still selling what they have now so there not going to change anything. At least not yet.

Look at the 400ex since 1999 what have they changed not much of anything, they added reverse and changed the looks of them more than once and a few little things but when you look at the basics its still the same thing it was before just with what some may consider luxurious updates.

In all honesty i would take the simple basic old 400 over the new ones but if Honda did step up and produce 50in wide FI quad straight from the factory that would be awesome and im pretty sure id be in line to get one but untill then ill go with something else or a used bike thats race ready for the same price as a new one.
Just about every other company has there version of what they call a RACE READY 450 EXCEPT HONDA at one time the 450r was what some may consider cream of the crop now its behind current times and is in need of some updates and changes.

Sorry about the rant guys that just bugs me although i think i understand what there trying to do. Ya know why change something thats still sells??

blacknblue#2
07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Did anyone else notice that the MSRP stated "TBA" Are we 100% sure this is the 2012 450R? It more than likely aint changed but im keeping my hopes open that the new 450R may not be on the market yet but honda might be dropping some hints that somethings on its way, probably dreaming but hey never know lol

Pappy
07-01-2011, 08:58 PM
:devil:

Scro
07-01-2011, 09:57 PM
We know something ya'll don't know...nah nah nah nah nah nah:devious: :bandit:

lasher45
07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Scro

Any hints?? Just one :D

CJM
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Honestly about all I want is a 6th gear, 5 gears just isnt enough. Cant tell you how many times Ive ridden different stuff and the quad has more power but no real way to use it up!

Scro
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
Any hints?? Just one :D

That's gonna cost ya.:p

motofreak2772
07-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Damn those are some sick graphics!

There must be a hidden algorithm in the pixels of the picture that shows the actual 2012 release or something. Those little Asians at Honda love pulling jokes on Americans.

Rich250RRacer
07-01-2011, 11:11 PM
After years of surveys at the GNCC's and other national level races, surveys sent through the mail to current 450R owners, and even a poll regarding color choices on Facebook, I'm beginning to think that this may just be a teaser for something totally new. Or just maybe wishful thinking on my part. As much as I don't want to see a fuel injected 450 from Honda, I have to say I'm disappointed by this announcement.

DnB_racing
07-02-2011, 06:03 AM
We know something ya'll don't know...nah nah nah nah nah nah:devious: :bandit: what? maybe a 500cc sport quad?

ngates788
07-02-2011, 06:52 AM
The picture on the website is the 09. Same special edition/ color scheme. I'm sure the new 450 is going to be wicked but why spoil the surprise? A little suspense never hurt nobody. I guess we'll find out in September for sure though.

TheLane
07-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I hate christmas. And i hate surprises.:blah:

Tommy Warren
07-02-2011, 09:50 AM
i bet it has reverse and 4 wheel drive and tassles on the handle bars. maybe a cup holder :D

Tommy Warren
07-02-2011, 09:50 AM
i bet it has reverse and 4 wheel drive and tassles on the handle bars. maybe a cup holder :D

Hondamaster5505
07-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Come on now... even Harley Davidson's have fuel injection! What is Honda's excuse for their 450.

BOLD NEW GRAPHICS

Kennethyfz450
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM

How did you find out about the 4x4 Honda 450R with reverse? I thought it was top secret?

ben300
07-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
How did you find out about the 4x4 Honda 450R with reverse? I thought it was top secret?

dude, dont forget about the new high pressure exhaust bearings, and the new/improved headlight fluids they're using....state of the art **** right there

DnB_racing
07-04-2011, 06:19 AM
We know something ya'll don't know...nah nah nah nah nah nah:devious: :bandit: if I had to guess its the 450X not anything to do with a R

just like the crfx is a more mellow version of the crf. now there is going to be a more mellow version of the trx 450, more comfortable with gears more matched for trails, heavier with FI .. basically a trail friendly 450.. more of a cross between an EX and an R... but far from an R.... it will be a X

Tommy Warren
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
if I had to guess its the 450X not anything to do with a R

just like the crfx is a more mellow version of the crf. now there is going to be a more mellow version of the trx 450, more comfortable with gears more matched for trails, heavier with FI .. basically a trail friendly 450.. more of a cross between an EX and an R... but far from an R.... it will be a X

if your right then reverse would be almost expected....I'd chose the kfx450 over any other 450 for trails just because of reverse. better gearing would be a major plus. I had a 450R for about 6 weeks before I got sick of trail riding it....I need smaller gears and reverse where i ride. and yes I got rid of the 450r for a raptor 660....flame away:rolleyes:

quad2xtreme
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
if your right then reverse would be almost expected....I'd chose the kfx450 over any other 450 for trails just because of reverse. better gearing would be a major plus. I had a 450R for about 6 weeks before I got sick of trail riding it....I need smaller gears and reverse where i ride. and yes I got rid of the 450r for a raptor 660....flame away:rolleyes:

Without a doubt my 2001 Raptor was the most fun I ever had in the trails, straights, and coal piles. I just got tired of the repairs and opted out to have a 3rd 400ex in the family...especially from having a spare parts inventory.

Was going to post a pic but not worth the effort to resize and such. I am getting lazy in my old age and expect computers and websites to do the work.

Grant Casey
07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
im not impressed at all with the new 450r ay cum on they should of at least updated it feul injected it ay wider etc

dont get me wrong i love me 08 honda wouldnt buy any other bike but was wishing for a new model honda biuld awsum engines ,,

but owell hop the the best for a updated 2013 model

DnB_racing
07-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Grant Casey
im not impressed at all with the new 450r ay cum on they should of at least updated it feul injected it ay wider etc

dont get me wrong i love me 08 honda wouldnt buy any other bike but was wishing for a new model honda biuld awsum engines ,,

but owell hop the the best for a updated 2013 model they did an update. its the trx450x, just like the crfx motor but with gears more suited for quads, its to replace the 400ex, which is honda's biggest sports market.... Honda listens to the surveys, and the majority of the race public still will modify it to there needs,making too many options for a factory machine to be affordable for the average buyer , and the ex owners wanted a faster trail machine.. so was born a trx450x,

most of Honda's quad release are whats already been previously released in 2 wheels,
the R as a strict race machine is a small market but the trail x-country machine is a very large market, and the ex is out of date and this will fill more of the marketing sales then a race ready R

Tommy Warren
07-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
they did an update. its the trx450x, just like the crfx motor but with gears more suited for quads, its to replace the 400ex, which is honda's biggest sports market.... Honda listens to the surveys, and the majority of the race public still will modify it to there needs,making too many options for a factory machine to be affordable for the average buyer , and the ex owners wanted a faster trail machine.. so was born a trx450x,

most of Honda's quad release are whats already been previously released in 2 wheels,
the R as a strict race machine is a small market but the trail x-country machine is a very large market, and the ex is out of date and this will fill more of the marketing sales then a race ready R

where did you hear this? do you have a link?

finsteratv
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
where did you hear this? do you have a link?
x2 i wanna see this for myself. im considering a 450r soon and wondering if maybe i should hold up for one of these n a couple years.

Aarons 01 400EX
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Are you speculating or have you seen something the rest of us haven't?

DnB_racing
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
Are you speculating or have you seen something the rest of us haven't? no links or written proof, just word of mouth by a friend.. maybe he is full of BS but we will see

Tommy Warren
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
the honda website says there are no changes for 2012.

DnB_racing
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
one of the reps for my company was at a charity event for brain injured, a bunch of Honda share holders and execs were there, so I will see if this guy is full of chit, or if he is telling the truth

CJM
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Well if it is true, hell yes!

hondarider110
07-05-2011, 09:29 PM
did anyone else notice that the model shown is electric start?

Tommy Warren
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by hondarider110
did anyone else notice that the model shown is electric start?

yeah....and?

hondarider110
07-05-2011, 10:17 PM
normally they have a kick and elec model available.

honda400ex2003
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
bump its been over a month... lets hear it lol

steve

hsr
08-20-2011, 10:41 PM
haha. watiting for the "new 2012 trx 450r". they will release the same old garbage frame that needs to be gussetted. and the same lame a-arms, swingarm, and axle, that need to be replaced in order to race. same carburated motor, with a 20 lbs. exhaust silencer. and everyone and their brother on here will pretend like they no something that no one else does. BNG!!! i can't wait for the BNG!!!