PDA

View Full Version : Laeger frames

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Well So I've got some new info on my frame dilema. I now belive that my frame is a Laeger because of this photo.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270775257879&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en what do you guys think. I'll post some pics of my frame too??

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Hers a pic of the frame The Black frame is the one I'm tALKING ABOUT!

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 02:11 AM
So what do you guys make of this frame? Is it a Laeger regular width frontend and stock linkage rear. Basically a stock replacement frame?

C41Xracer
07-01-2011, 03:54 AM
well it looks like a laeger, maybe an older laeger at that.

troybilt
07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
At first glance, it looks like a laeger to me. Can you take a pic from the front shock tower area?

250Renvy
07-01-2011, 08:27 AM
If that Nac's frame is a Laeger frame, then it is a very old frame and one of the very early models.

As the story goes, Mark was a welder for JP racing so JP frames would have been built by Mark. Eventually he started on his own and had frames and parts out as Laeger's.

The Nac's frame and your frame have very distinct characteristics of JP frames. I think these are in the 92-95 age range.

95-96 is when I know Laeger had earlier frames out. Most were stamped with a Laeger vin plate. Even if it's not there, it should have the holes from the rivets.

Yours is likely a JP frame if it's stock front, stock link, cause they didn't get into CR500 setups as far as I know, just no-link.

If it's in good shape, I'm not sure your concern with what make it is unless you are trying to build an ALL Laeger bike. My suggestion would be to get a real, later Laeger frame that there is no question on.

I believe there is a complete narrow front stock link for sale near you on CL.

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
250rEnvy:
you seem to be the most knowledgeable about the subect. I'll see if I can find some better pics of it today when I find time. Thanks for all the info that helps alot. So JP is basically and early Laeger, I haven't seen any Vin plate holes in the frame or any numbers anywhere and I've looked it over realy well. So I'm kinda undecided on what to do. It needs some work, so I may just buy a newer style Laeger. Thats probably a better idea. I'm gonna think it over and make sure of exactly what I have first. I know its old because the guy that I bought it from said that he had stored it for over 7 years in his attic, and that it had been around well before that. My corncern is one of quality. I wanna make sure its worth all the time and effort basicsally $$$$ its gonna take to rebuild, reweld and paint this project. I know its a loss, but its mainly about starting out with something thats solid. And Damit I want a Laeger, LOL!! Thanks Higgy!!

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Troybilt; So I'm gonna try and get you a better shot of the shock tower area. Its gonna be easier if I just post you a link to the photoshop.http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/543215196/Laeger/ So check these out. Thanks Higgy!

250Renvy
07-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Looking at the photos, I'm almost certain it's a JP frame.

It also looks to be a stock front stock link, so IMO why would you want 2 aftermarket frames with stock front stock link.

Since you have the LRD/Laeger frame, might as well get a Walsh or CR500 link rear end frame. That way you have a no-link, stock link and Cr500 link and can have the best of the best.

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't want 2 stock frontends. I wanted and though I was suppose to be getting a Laeger Narrow front with the Cr500 rearend! So I think that I will probably be sellin it afterall, I just wanna double check with a few people to be a %100 sure of what it is? However from your knowledge of the bikes it sure seems to be a JP you sound like you're pretty sure of that. Thanks Higgy!

leager-n-ky
07-01-2011, 05:45 PM
My Laeger is a 93, and the vin tag was not riveted on, it was stick on.

rayman375
07-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't believe that black frame is a Laeger. The front frame rails are a lot different than what is on mine. Look at troybilt's thread with pictures of his. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448273&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

Higgy87TRX425
07-01-2011, 11:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270775257879&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en This is what made me thinbk that it might be a Laeger. NAC's is claiming that this frame is a Laeger and it looks really close to mine. Well that and the Guy that I bought it from said, that it was a Laeger. When I spoke with Mark he siad that there were Laeger frames that had the 3 holes in the front and that it was probaly a stock linkage frame. If I can remember correctly he also said that alot of the older frames didn't even have vin#'s or tags on them. But I spoke with him about a year ago when I bought this bike.