PDA

View Full Version : Hazleton PA

lonnie1977
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Used to ride up there alot. took a trip there last weekend and forgot how big the place is. Heading up again in a few weeks hopefully. Let me know if your interested. Was just there with Dehner47 form the forum.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/lonnie1977/IMG_2099.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/lonnie1977/IMG_2091.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/lonnie1977/IMG_2098.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/lonnie1977/IMG_2087.jpg

CJM
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Count me in, probably this weekend or next not sure right now tho.

CJM
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Were planning on july 17th if anyone wants in.

CJM
07-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Got at least 2 other guys and myself going next sunday july 17th if anyone wants in.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Got at least 2 other guys and myself going next sunday july 17th if anyone wants in.

We are on vacation this week and I am riding tomorrow because the wife has some middle school reunion and spouses aren't invited, gee I'm so bummed about that. If I think i can minipulate her into coming back home from the shore on Saturday I will tag along. I'll tell her I'm worried about the cats ;)

If I don't make it have a great time and a safe trip guys.

If it looks like I have a shot I send you a pm with contact info mid week.

CJM
07-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Hopefully all goes according to your master plan :devil:

lonnie1977
07-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Sounds Good.

CJM
07-10-2011, 11:05 PM
So far have (possibly) about 6 people.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-14-2011, 06:47 PM
CJM I sent you a pm

If I pull this one off you can call me Houdini ;)

CJM
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Replied Old Guy.

Your welcome to come, so far I only have 2 other people. Everyone else decided to bail sadly.

lonnie1977
07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
The more the merrier guys. The main loops is like 15 miles but you could get lost for days. Hate to waste a trip. Looking for a good trail ride.

CJM
07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Im still down, Ill give you a buzz tomorrow Lonnie if you dont get to me first.

Shame people have to be jerks and decided to bail at the last minute but such as the way it goes sometimes.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks to Lonnie Marc & John for a great time yesterday, all though I am sore as all hell today. I wonder what happens if they don't get the $25 parking ticket within 48 hrs? I don't have time to run back up and fight it but I don't believe I saw anything posted about parking nor tresspassing. It's only $25 so no biggie but if I mail it out tonight they might not get it until Wednesday or Thursday. I will call Chief Wiggins tonight and let him know the check is in the mail ;)

Thanks again, great time with great peeps and I look forward to doing it again real soon.

lonnie1977
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Same thing I just mailed it today. If you call, ask why he's giving parking tickets outside of his town. That is PA State Trooper teritory. If you call the cops there Beaver Meadows cops wont come. Saw it happen. It was a good time riding. I would like to try to ride out to the wind mills some time. Thanks for coming

CJM
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Was quite fun, thanks to Lonnie for being our guide. Havent spoken to john yet but I hope he can get that can-am fixed-he was not a happy camper on the way back. Overall I enjoyed the day but the rocks were not something I was used to. I now need a new skidplate lol.

Honestly I dont think there is much they will do if you dont mail it in on time, what a load of hooey-ticketing people outside of your jurisdiction..

OldGuyonaQuad
07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Yea believe it or not Trevorton has less rocks overall. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of trails similar to the loose rocks we rode (not the boulders we climbed) but it also offers some decent fire/coal roads to blast on. That reminds me I should probably check back with Pappy about the last weekend in August.

Lonnie my buddy might actually get his dirt bike fixed this week and he has been itching to check out Trevorton so we might be back up there in a couple of weeks if you are intrested. Marc you and John have an open invitation anytime I post about riding.

Lonnie where abouts in south jersey are you from (or at)? I am in Bellmawr.

CJM
07-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Id be happy to go Tom. Less rocks the better lol. You guys are going to treverton or hatfield? I cant recall which right now.

Im leaving the skid till the end of the season unless I find a deal-still works its just beat up now.

lonnie1977
07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I live in gloucester. Were pretty close to each other.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Pretty close? We are seperated by Brooklawn on one side and Mt Ephriam on the other. We could have rode up together last weekend. eh oh well, I grew up in neighboring Camden and yes it was real hell hole even back then.

I might have a lead on a private place to ride in the poconos as well, I was going to check it out Sunday but I pulled my left bi-cep(I think) trying to get my 17 year old daughters car (a lowered honda civic) out of the sand near Atco Raceway becasue she wanted to see the "Atco Ghost". "Yea dad you flash your lights and beep your horn and he comes out, Amanda saw him". F in moron, no way she spawned from me,

Marc, we went to Hatfield back in June, I was thinking about going to Trevorton in two weeks so my buddy can check it out and because Lonnie can't make it for the end of August ride we spoke about with Pappy. Hopefully this arm heels quickly. And like I said before you guys always have an open invite with me.

CJM
07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Not exactly sure Tom, but if I can I will be there. Im gonna try and get a few others perhaps-if not Ill go solo.

lol about your daughter, sorry about your arm tho.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Turns out the Pocono lead was only 30 acres, not worth the ride so we are heading to Trevorton Sunday morning. I know its short notice but if you guys are intrested let me know. I still plan on heading back up there the end of August if pappy ever gets back to me.

lonnie1977
07-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I have wedding stuff this sunday (shower) so im out. My riding plans will be limited till November due to my ball and chain being attached. But she is cool with my riding so after that I should be good. Just keep posting up trips and I will make what I can. As for traveling together I'm always don for that. That was my first trip up to Hazleton with out a trailer. Kind of seemed wierd. Where at in Bellmawr you at Tom? Im in Gloucester but my bikes are in West Deptford.

Marc, how did John make out with his beast? I still can't believe that tree did that much damage. An example of how weight carries. Hope he makes out OK. Beautiful machine he has.

CJM
07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Lonnie, havent spoken to him since that day. Kinda didnt want to PO him b/c he was REALLY mad the entire trip back and trying to figure out a way for his insurance to cover the damage. Knowing him he will get it fixed or something and it will be perfect when done.

Its way to hot here to ride, or go anywhere for that matter. Im gonna wait for it to cool a bit and perhaps rain so wherever I do go it isnt to dusty!