PDA

View Full Version : ATV Motocross Tips Needed

Waddell5
06-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I would like some tips on motocross for ATV's. Mostly jumping. Reason being is that I rode on an MX track on my Warrior and did great, I was hitting most of the jumps. I crawled on my father's TRX450R and wasn't very comfortable on it (not because of the power, just the difference of it and my Warrior, plus I hadn't rode it much before). Well, I came up to a jump and I had hit everytime on my ATV, but there was a rut in the jump that I had avoided before. I hit it this time, and it threw the ATV off-balance in the air. When I landed, it slung me off and when I hit the ground I broke my wrist. I feel like if I were on my Warrior I would have been able to save it. Anyway I just want some tips on MX and maybe someone can figure out what I did wrong.
Also, I'm 5'7", 125 lbs. I'm not a terrible rider either.
Thanks in advance!

Kovatch
07-01-2011, 08:40 AM
You hit the rut which will always throw you off. When you jump you need to correct the angle of the bike in the air & bring it back straight. Often times you will come up crooked & need to straighten it out. When you are in the air, you can squeeze the frame, tilt it left, right, bring the front end up or down. You may have panicked in the air & stop correcting the bike...?

Different quads are going to ride differently. Once you get comfortable on the TRX, you will find it's way better than the Warrior.

Hope you recover fast. Shake it off & keep riding. Any rut will throw you off, do your best to avoid them.

Waddell5
07-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks man, will do.