PDA

View Full Version : stock cam!

426kidz
06-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, im building my buddies for him...we are building a completely stock motor so if anyone has a good stock cam from when they built there bike let mw know! thanks everyone:D

Red_250EX_Rider
06-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 426kidz
Hey guys, im building my buddies for him...we are building a completely stock motor so if anyone has a good stock cam from when they built there bike let mw know! thanks everyone:D

It seems like he isnt going for any top speed gains so why not drop a Stage 1 in it for more torque? I mean I understand the stock part but thats my opinion.

426kidz
06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
because hes not tryin to spend alot of $$ and ten being a great rider and 0 being horrible...hes a 2 so no more speed for him....lol

Red_250EX_Rider
06-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Lol gotcha. We all started somewhere :p

tri5ron
06-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 426kidz
because hes not tryin to spend alot of $$ and ten being a great rider and 0 being horrible...hes a 2 so no more speed for him....lol Understood on the stock is fast enough for him... and he wants to spend as little as possible,...
but,
I'd HIGHLY recommend upgrading the front shocks, (good used 450r's of YFZ's on ebay are often found very cheap),
and possibly adding a +6 Sparks Timing Key.

Both suggestions are as much of a benefit to a novice rider, as an experienced rider.

The shocks will provide a much better ride, so therefore, he will have less of a chance of getting tossed off, and the Sparks key will provide, a better throttle response, less "lag", and less chance of stalling it it lower speeds.

The key can be used with the stock exhaust / airbox & filter, so no re-jetting is necessary.
(although I would also suggest a UNI foam filter, in the stock airbox, and with lid on,... and still no need to re-jet).

These would both be very budget minded upgrades, but would make a huge improvement in both the handleing, and throttle response.

Just food for thought.

dustin_j
07-01-2011, 07:12 AM
I have a stock cam out of my 99 that I removed 3 years ago. It looked to be in good shape from what I can remember, no surface grooves or excessive wear. What's your email, I can send a pic. Just the cam, no sprocket, and I don't have the spring and plunger, but they shouldn't be too expensive. Please make an offer.

moorhous
07-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a cam and sprocket and has the decompression thing on it shoot me a email or pm