PDA

View Full Version : crf head on trxmotor

kenny450er
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
haven't been online for awhile just woundering how the CRF450 heads where working out in the trx motors i know some of you were trying them on your motors

KEVIN132
06-30-2011, 05:20 AM
well my cousins is great and he loves the power!!!!!

brandonw
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
yes it can be done, lookin to the crfx head though, a friend of mine has one on his quad and it works great

DnB_racing
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by brandonw
yes it can be done, lookin to the crfx head though, a friend of mine has one on his quad and it works great what is better on the X, arent the ports smaller more like the trx?why run the x over the regular crf?

brandonw
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
not to sure why it has an x head on it but, but its a 73hp build and they made more power with the x head.

DnB_racing
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
not to sure why it has an x head on it but, but its a 73hp build and they made more power with the x head. is it a bolt on like the crf? or are any mods required?

kenny450er
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
from what you guys are say it looks like come winter im going to be doing this build going to replace crank and rod this time also just did piston this past winter

DnB_racing
06-30-2011, 05:34 PM
not to sure why it has an x head on it but, but its a 73hp build and they made more power with the x head. are you sure its not 63 hp? if 73 what does he have????that's the highest numbers ive ever heard of for a 450... if so please more details on the X head!!!!

KEVIN132
06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
yuh see like i said before my builder put his ported and done head off his trx on his crf motor and got more hp.. i dont tknow why . ive always thought biggers better...
the crf head is awesome tho !! huge ports and he bought it of ebay with all new valves and everything cheap!!!

brandonw
07-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
are you sure its not 63 hp? if 73 what does he have????that's the highest numbers ive ever heard of for a 450... if so please more details on the X head!!!!

LOL, my little 501 makes 70hp all motor :devil: his motor is a little bigger than mine, its a drag/duner motor, theres a couple drg builds making 80+hp on motor. its not cheap to get that kind of power thought.

DnB_racing
07-01-2011, 07:08 AM
LOL, my little 501 makes 70hp all motor :devil: his motor is a little bigger than mine, its a drag/duner motor, theres a couple drg builds making 80+hp on motor. its not cheap to get that kind of power thought. you have to give more info about the X head!!!or is this a protected secret?lol

will it mount up without mods. what year is the best... give us some hints!!!

number52
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I know someone running a CRF on a 2005 TRX. It has 67 HP but it's not a cheap build for sure. The cam chain galley has to be modified, the cylinder needs to be bored and nikasiled, the intake must be cut off and rewelded back on and you have to run a different radiator hose for the front of the head and block off the bypass for the thermostat bypass. I think that's it :)

brandonw
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
you have to give more info about the X head!!!or is this a protected secret?lol

will it mount up without mods. what year is the best... give us some hints!!!

well talked to my buddy yesterday, and the x head is on a crf bottom end, for some reason i thought it was on an 06 bottom end, but got confused bc at one time he had a 06 head on the crf bottom end. sorry bout that