PDA

View Full Version : Walsh Plastic Mount Pics

SilverLake250R
06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Could someone post pics of how the Walsh quick-disconnect plastic mount bolts to the fenders? I understand there is a difference in this mount for Fullbore or Maier/OEM. I have Fullbores, so a pic of Fullbores would be most helpful.

Thanks, Marc

gtilley45
06-29-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a pic of how it's mounted to my Maier fenders, I figured it was pretty much the same for fullbores. Speaking of that, I need to call Walsh. When I was gonna order the nose piece for fullbore, they didn't have any. But my new fullbore fenders came in today and I'm about to start my rebuild so I need that fender mount.

Lasher
06-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I have two different fender mounting brackets from Walsh. One I know is Maier mount, so the other must be a FullBore. But I have two sets of Maier plastic.

I know the Maier 2 piece front fit great with the Maier mount. I was going to use the non-Maier one for the other Walsh chassis with one piece Maier plastic and just use spacers, since there are no holes that line up anyways.

Lasher
06-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I can post some pics tomorrow of Maier mounting. Pretty much the two post slide into the frame holes and the top of the mount lines up with the same holes the hood (on two piece fronts).

The one piece plastic does not have any holes that line up exactly.

SilverLake250R
06-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Hmm, well, I was messing around with it for a while, looks like I will make 2 angle brackets to mount the Walsh piece to the side holes in my Fullbores, and then just drill 2 more holes in the front, which wont matter because there will be a carbon hood over it.

But Lasher, I still wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the Maier and if you wouldn't mind, post a pic of the bracket that you think is for Fullbores, I'm just curiuos if mine is the same.

Thanks.

Lasher
06-30-2011, 10:24 AM
I will get some pictures. After posting I went into the garage just to see myself.

I know one is for Maier, since I got it from Walsh with the CRF chassis and it says it with a sharpie.

There is a slight mounting hole difference between the two. The biggest difference is the front mounts are on a different angle.

Also, the only way I could use the bracket as is (either one) with a one piece front is to drill holes in the hood area where the normal hood bolts on.

Otherwise I will have make a bracket to get the side holes that you are talking about. Not sure which option I am going with. I had to raise the gas tank for the petcock to clear the CRF motor. Either way I don't see how either mounting bracket can easily bolt onto a one piece front plastic.

SilverLake250R
06-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I wasn't really too concerned with it at first, because the Walsh piece I have seems to "fit" right under my Fullbores, but when I went to see how it would fit on the quad, it wasn't even close... If i just drill holes in the plastic and bolt it right on, the plastic seems to be about an inch low, as it sits on the tank and everything. I can post a pic later of mine too, but the rear is pretty much flat across, and the front tabs are bent close to 90 degrees.

gtilley45
07-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Nate called me friday and said he'd just put the one I ordered for FullBore in the mail that day, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Maybe you two will have this figured out in the next day or two so I'll know how to do mine. :D