PDA

View Full Version : FCR 39mm carb for 500

Outlaw930
06-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I have a keihin FCR 39mm for my 2006 outlaw 500 I was wondering if anyone has done this swap and what mods do you have? Also what are your jet sizes? Thanks

thechamp27
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I used to run one on my old Predator, which uses the same stock carb as yours, But mine was off of a KTM bike I believe, the predator carb to airbox tube was bigger than the outlaw, and the carb I used had a bigger bell on it that fit great. You may have to get an adaptor for the bell of your carb. I know DASA sells them for the guys who run FCR's on the 04/05 450R's. I think there are some adaptors on Ebay and stuff too, NOS maybe?
I also had to have motion pro build me a throttle cable, but now days I'd bet a stock KTM engined Outlaw cable will get it done.

As far as jetting, I don't recall exactly, but it was about a 185mj, and 48 pilot. I had a 558 kit, a Rath billet intake with the open K&N, and a Nicholas ported head. Hopefully that gets you in the ballpark.

By the way, the FCR was one of the best mods I ever did to mine.

Outlaw930
07-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info I actually bought the throttle cable from the KTM outlaw. Now I'm hunting down the carb spacer.

I've also heard the carb swap was a huge improvement over stock.

Next is a big bore kit just not sure which one.