PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ride on my 250R!

400excracer
06-28-2011, 07:26 AM
About a year and half ago I traded my 06 450ER for an 88 250R (and cash) because I missed riding a 2-stroke. I never had a 250R because I was riding Banshees when all my friends had 250Rs. I finally started working on it last week so that I could take it out for a ride on the weekend. I got it running and it seemed to be running fine so off we went. On the 1st day after we took off it was running pretty bad and was bogging and spitting and sputtering. After a few hours of that I called one of my 250R buddies and asked for some advise. We found out that the air screw was adjusted way too far in and after making that adjustment it ran way better and I started to have some fun. It was good to feel that 2-stroke power again after many years of riding 4-strokes. It still wasnt running right so when we got back to the hotel that night I checked the main and it had a 172 in it which seemed really high so I went to a 162 (the smallest I had) and the next day it ran even better. I still had some top end bogging once in a while and it didnt like to start regularly with the kick start, but all in all I had a great time. Now it is time to dial this thing in and have some fun!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Dont get it to lean on the jetting or you'll not be riding again.
Always jet on the rich side to make that engine live.
Neil

CorvetteZ06
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
once you get her dialed in, you'll be glad! are you running an OEM carb?

400excracer
06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
As far as I know it is the stock carb.