PDA

View Full Version : 2005 450 acting like it stalls but that can't be right?

Foxhound013
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
So I went to attica the other day to ride with some friends, halfway through the day my bike would start to cut out like, i'm running fast and when my back end started to buck around it would fall flat on its face, almost like it stalled out without the gear noise. I grabbed the clutch revved it up and took off just fine I didn't kill it. I was going to fast to stall. We noticed the overflow hose was gone and when I got home I put another one on. We thought maybe air was blowing in and making the gas bubble. I rode for a while. No problems but sure enough it did it again when I went up a hill, prolly the third time. At attica it would do it in hills, woops, and rough stuff that would buck the bike around a good bit. I plan on pulling the carb off and cleaning it out really well. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks guys.

JHracing4
06-27-2011, 07:01 PM
just a guess but your float could be getting stuck not allowing gas into the carb?? clean it out real good and that should help.

Balaz_73*00
06-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Make sure your gas cap breather hose is clear and functioning properly

Foxhound013
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Any other ideas guys, I cleaned out the carb, even though it looked spotless. I haven't got a chance to ride it yet though cause I sent in my shocks. Do you think a breather hose thats dry rotted could cause something like this.