PDA

View Full Version : A-Arm Bushings!!

Extremeracer167
02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Alright heres the deal. Im getting some bushings made and im wondering what kinda prices everyone pays for them. I figure they are all the same between all the differant companies. They will be either Brass or Delron bushings. I just wanna know what would be a good price to sell them for. I was thinking......for 16 bushings. Somewhere around $70-75 for the kit. let me know! Thanks ALOT guys!

02-22-2003, 05:24 AM
a new bushing kit is like 75 - 100. i think if u were to sell them 65 would be a good price

Teufel
02-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Hey Bro , I paid $100 for mine, they are polyurethane and come with sleeves. Personally I don't recommend Delron or brass for durability. Which ever you decide to go with be sure to put grease zerks in so you can lube them. :cool:

Castor-426ex
02-22-2003, 10:46 PM
is that for every bushing needed for both sides? upper and lower? or just for the left side ?

lemme know...if you want 65 dollars for a complete kit...i may be interested:D

02-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Delrin may not be the best material, or is it? The brass is too hard and would require grooving to handle the lube correctly and then would be getting expensive, bronze is a little on the soft side but can be oil impregnated and therefore self lubricating etc., and there are some excelent PTFE lined steel bushings that could work well but are deff sized diff.

What other stuff have you guys tried?

I have seen many new long wear plastics that are harder than dlerin and some are also self lubricating so there are other options.

Prob is that I have some of these as high as 15.00 per bushing and others are very inexpensive so there are sure to be some trade offs.

Another thought is if all the arms are the same size on the ID where the bushings go.

Teufel
02-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
is that for every bushing needed for both sides? upper and lower? or just for the left side ?

lemme know...if you want 65 dollars for a complete kit...i may be interested:D

Helm's is $100 for complete set. I just replaced my stockers with them. I would be willing to bet they will out last the arms.
Let me know what you decide to go with.:D

Castor-426ex
02-23-2003, 06:50 PM
where do i go to get em?

02-24-2003, 07:15 AM
www.atvbushings.com is for helms
I have then on 1 of my R's ...have had good experiences w/them .
they made from ployurethane...& fit nicely

Castor-426ex
02-24-2003, 08:28 AM
i didnt think front bushings were prone to going bad...but my a arms have a little play in them..how much is normal? and what is the best way to see if they are bad?

Extremeracer167
02-24-2003, 08:34 AM
wow, thanks alot guys. Im not sure as to what material we would use. I can have a few sets made by tomorrow if i need, but i wanna make sre i use good material.