PDA

View Full Version : yz 426 exhaust. What fits?

mysterybike
06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I know there are lots of past and present 426 hybrid owners on here. I currently have one of the small and LOUD TC exhuasts on my hybrid with a factory 426 head pipe. I like the TC...it is just WAY too loud for me. Me question is this: Does anyone know if a yfz slip on will fit the stock 426 head pipe? Any input is appreciated!

Also, if anyone has a slip on or complete exhaust for this setup they may want to sell or trade for the TC, post up pics and a price. Thanks!

mysterybike
06-28-2011, 02:12 PM
No one knows?

mx Eli
06-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I know some people use yfz 450 exhuasts for the whole thing. it is very close to touching and might require some "professional denting" but should work. Wait for sombody to conferm this becuase those were on 450 hybrid's not 426

Flyin_250r
06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I believe the yfz exhaust from the head pipe back do work (It does on the 450s). I purchased a full yosh exhaust for an 04 yfz to use on my hybrid to quiet it down. Yosh systems are nice because of the rear mount system being able to mount anywhere on the can. Id be willing to sell it if your interested. I believe the radiator hose has to be ran differently (over the headpipe instead of under it, but I could be wrong) PM me if your interested.

deathman53
07-02-2011, 10:25 AM
you can quiet it down much cheaper. That exhaust is just a Supertrapp shorty, I believe 4", TC just calls it his own, he still does now. Get end cap and discs for a supertrapp and it will quiet it down alot. My hybrid has a TC, I put supertrapp end cap and 12 discs on it, no notice in loss of power, bu much much less noise. Remove his sticker on, there is a supertrapp emblem and part number below it.

dehner47
07-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Flyin_250r
I believe the yfz exhaust from the head pipe back do work (It does on the 450s). I purchased a full yosh exhaust for an 04 yfz to use on my hybrid to quiet it down. Yosh systems are nice because of the rear mount system being able to mount anywhere on the can. Id be willing to sell it if your interested. I believe the radiator hose has to be ran differently (over the headpipe instead of under it, but I could be wrong) PM me if your interested.

exactly the set up im using on my Walsh..

and as for the radiator hose, just use a stock yfz450 spigot. its tallers and has an S shape design that allows the hose to have plenty of clearence from the head pipe..

89trx250r
07-16-2011, 06:45 PM
i believe only a sparks or yoshi will work if your gonna order a yfz450 pipe...just keep that in mind